Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 12-02-2017, 19:44

Default Long Meadows Holiday Park Withernsea or nearby

Good afternoon
I am considering buying a static caravan. It needs to be on a dog friendly site on the Yorkshire coast a short walk from the sea, which is open at least 10 months of the year. Would prefer a smaller site with limited facilities. Long Meadows seems to fit our requirements does anyone have any experience of this park or can you recommend similar/better parks on the Yorkshire Coast?
Do all sites only let you purchase their caravans rather than let you buy your own which you locate on their site?
Thanks in anticipation.
Mark

Old 12-02-2017, 19:50

I would imagine all sites will let you buy whatever van you like, however it will generally have to be purchased through them, from an approved supplier, or in some cases if approached they may let you have a new van delivered to the site and then the site will charge you a fee for moving it from the gate to the pitch and connecting it up.
Old 13-02-2017, 12:55
Supporting Member

Have you had a look at Highfield Caravans website they have some rally cheap vans already sited or supply new and used vans. There's also Bridlington caravans website.

ML.
Old 13-02-2017, 13:36

to the forum marke.

I hope that find what you want and get good advice from forum members. I'm sorry I can't help you with your search. We are based in the north west.
Old 13-02-2017, 14:08
Supporting Member

Good luck with the search Marke and to the forum.
Old 13-02-2017, 23:47

We are on Longmeadows this will be our 5th year to answer some of your questions although we do not have a dog I would say that everybody else dose have one or two or even three. It is I would say a medium size site with two different rates there is the ordinary part which the fees are 2200 for 11 months which we are on or you can pay for 12 months there is also a so called posh end which pays more I don't know how much more. There is a club on site which dose good meals and has entertainment now and then and there is a laundrette. The beach is about half a mile walk and town centre is about a mile. Now I don't know if they will allow bring ons but I have heard that its possible you will have to ring and find out. Its not a bad site in my opinion.
Cheers Pete Train
Old 19-02-2017, 16:53
Forum Advertiser

to the forum, hope you find everything you need!
Old 19-02-2017, 18:34

to the forum Marke.

Cannot help you site-wise as we are based in the South East.

Good luck with you search. Any questions, fire away...someone on here will most certainly be able to answer it!

Dave & Sue
Old 24-07-2018, 09:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by petetrain View Post
We are on Longmeadows this will be our 5th year to answer some of your questions although we do not have a dog I would say that everybody else dose have one or two or even three. It is I would say a medium size site with two different rates there is the ordinary part which the fees are 2200 for 11 months which we are on or you can pay for 12 months there is also a so called posh end which pays more I don't know how much more. There is a club on site which dose good meals and has entertainment now and then and there is a laundrette. The beach is about half a mile walk and town centre is about a mile. Now I don't know if they will allow bring ons but I have heard that its possible you will have to ring and find out. Its not a bad site in my opinion.
Cheers Pete Train
HI there, we are just starting to look at caravan sites (no mad rush), is the site (long Meadows) you are on, still okay, in your opinion? are there older caravans? the FAQ says 20 years but then inspections and what not. DOes the sight reflect this as we would have to purchase an older to be able to afford it? Many thanks ..David and Heather
Old 24-07-2018, 10:32

Default golden sands withernsea

there is no age limit on this site as long as van is kept in good nick
site fees are cheaper than long meadows there is a new club/pub a small shop and not much else oh and its quiet and not to far from beach