Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion > Entertainment

Entertainment Chat about anything to do with Entertainment including music, films, TV etc

Old 23-09-2015, 14:42

Default Water leaking

Hi all
we have just brought our first static caravan after many holidays in them and our first weekend down there and it rained the day we were leaving and I noticed we had a small water drip coming from above the boiler I think it's called the flue
I have contacted the person we brought it from and he said it happened once before it was to do with which way the wind was blowing the rain and we need to seal the flue on the roof
We was just wondering if anybody could tell us what sealant and how we could repair this
we are not sure if this is a job we can do or do we have to get some one in
any help would be gratefully thank you

Old 23-09-2015, 16:57

Don't worry I think it will be easily sorted judging by previous advice on here. Someone will be able to advise you better than I can. I know that it's important that you get the correct sealant for the job. Someone will be along soon I'm sure.
Old 24-09-2015, 12:17

I have had the same problem of water leaking on roof and the advice I got on here was to use Simson ISR 70-03 liquid rubber sealant definetly don not use silicone sealant as these don't work on aluminium.
Old 24-09-2015, 15:14
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolep17r View Post
I have had the same problem of water leaking on roof and the advice I got on here was to use Simson ISR 70-03 liquid rubber sealant definetly don not use silicone sealant as these don't work on aluminium.
Good to know. I wasn't aware that silicone sealant didn't agree with aluminium. The more you read on here the more you tend to learn. Thanks.
Old 28-12-2015, 19:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolep17r View Post
I usede to fit aluminium widows and shop front and always used silicone to seal them to the building and never had a problem with it or could it be that todays formula has changed.