Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 07-07-2012, 23:35
Retired Member

Default hi i am back

hi have l missed you all ,
had a great time at static norfolk has been very hot even tho weather on tv looked very different ! we have been busy painting the many lattice fence panels . washing the van down and planting more shrubs , its all looking a lot better balconys painted too , we have been everywhere wroxham sheringham blakeney . holkham kelling heath thru woods , steam railway , bure valley railway , on beach at overstrand , had bit of excitement there as a man came running past us , i just thought he must be fit running so fast on sand ! then a police man came running after him he doubled back into the sea and police chased him pinned him down handcuffed him and air crew came to help , and more police , then police dogs , dying to know what he had done ? involved so many people he ran from cromer i think ,

loved our first longer stay at van , feel quite upset now home , its cooler here and i dont think i am going to adjust back to life here ! and the washing stacked up ! this feels like my temporary home now and i really want to be back on site , cant settle ! guess everyone feels the same , now i have a home unoccupied til get next chance to stay , not a nice thought

Old 07-07-2012, 23:43

Loadsa men in UNIFORM?, sounds like you had a good time Jan, lol.

Apart from the uniforms, you were kept busy all right. Hmm, wonder what i'll be like after our visit?, probably the same as you. It's good to have you back in 'the Family' Jan. xx
Old 07-07-2012, 23:44

I have been wondering where you were....... glad you had a nice stay, thats what its all about, i am off work next week and i am staying at our van until next sunday, my husband has to go home tomorrow until Friday for work, but that ok, i like being on my own sometimes.

I feel the same i am equally at home here and at home now, i do love being at the van though, its the relaxing atmosphere, and not having to think about work etc. We get a horrible sinking feeling every Sunday when we have to pack up and go home - especially when its sunny, which it has been for the last few weeks, makes leaving the van even harder.

Sounds like you have been busy too, there is always something to do, but lately we have slowed down a bit and just enjoy and relax, we have finished off the bulk of the work i had planned, only a few things to do now, but not in any great hurry really.
Old 07-07-2012, 23:57
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeW View Post
I have been wondering where you were....... glad you had a nice stay, thats what its all about, i am off work next week and i am staying at our van until next sunday, my husband has to go home tomorrow until Friday for work, but that ok, i like being on my own sometimes.

I feel the same i am equally at home here and at home now, i do love being at the van though, its the relaxing atmosphere, and not having to think about work etc. We get a horrible sinking feeling every Sunday when we have to pack up and go home - especially when its sunny, which it has been for the last few weeks, makes leaving the van even harder.

Sounds like you have been busy too, there is always something to do, but lately we have slowed down a bit and just enjoy and relax, we have finished off the bulk of the work i had planned, only a few things to do now, but not in any great hurry really.
ahhh! thanks nice that i was missed a bit tho i see theres been plenty going on , trying to catch up with it all , yes worst of upkeeps done now , the fencing must be the worst as they are all shaped lattice six ft panels , a lovely feature all round about 13 in all , but not having been painted years they were flaking , after lot of deducing from cuprinol shades paint charts and searching we managed to get the right colour mixed to paint it all , big job , but we cant afford to replace it all so best look after it ,

we did a fair bit of relaxing too . i was ill on second day so bad i had to go to bed 3 days which was a shame , i got out to the vintage car show at holt tho which pleased hubby , it was the biggest collection i had seen , lovely hot day too , hubby said he was so glad i was better so think he must have wanted to go to the show very badly ! lol , he spent 3 days not goiung anywhere bless him but didnt complain once said he was happy just to chill in van , or do painting , sweet
Old 08-07-2012, 00:05
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZumbaGrandadd View Post
Loadsa men in UNIFORM?, sounds like you had a good time Jan, lol.

Apart from the uniforms, you were kept busy all right. Hmm, wonder what i'll be like after our visit?, probably the same as you. It's good to have you back in 'the Family' Jan. xx
lol yes there were some really fit looking men in uniform , exciting stuff , there was me saying nothing ever happens in norfolk relatively crime free , i just googled it out of curiousity and cant believe it was for a suspected trolley nesting in foodstore, and bloke ran into sea .

cant believe that ! they must have chased him from cromer pier to overstrand , two air crew , two more police from overstrand , and another one followed up with police dog , chased him miles , cant imagine that sort of response in our town ! happens all the time ,
Old 08-07-2012, 00:28
Retired Member

It has been very quiet on here without you janine.

Glad you had lovely weather, managed to get a lot of jobs done and visit so many places. Shame you ended up in bed for 3 days though.

I hate coming back home from the van especially, as Diane has said, if it is sunny - back to reality

Can't believe it about that bloke - air crew involved as well.

Last edited by Retired Member 8; 08-07-2012 at 00:48.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:21
Departed Friend

welcome back janine.missed you.mupps has looked after me though.lol.
she,s a good cook.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:48
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1950 View Post
welcome back janine.missed you.mupps has looked after me though.lol.
she,s a good cook.
glad to hear it mick , hope you have mastered the jacket potato microwaving now ! i must admit i have been living on them since ill cant face meat , be nice if lost some weight tho , i swore i wouldnt eat crap again then called in mcd on way home as starving ! didnt last long
Old 08-07-2012, 10:41

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

back janine. I wondered where you'd toddled off to lol.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:55
Banned

janine. I am delighted for you that you had such a great time it makes all the stress of is the van the right one is the site the right one can we afford it? all worth while you have your own bolt hole now where you can just switch off.Well done that girl.