Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 25-01-2020, 18:41

Default Layout

sorry if this has already been asked. I did search the site but could not find what I was looking for. I went to Salop leisure today and I was amazed at all the different floor plan options. Is there anywhere where I can look at layout online? You can on tourers but it is statics I am looking for to help me decide on which make/model to consider.

I tried the websites of some of the manufacturers but it was a bit hit and miss and mostly there were photos of the van but no floor plan

I am after something not too pricey 2 beds but I really don't like a small master bedroom or a long narrow corridor so looking if there are some other layouts to choose from.

Old 25-01-2020, 19:58

Hello Icekat , if you go to the manufacturers website and look through their vans they have a layout there . I just looked at Willerby and swift and the vans I looked at had floor plans , download the brochure or price lists - the floor plan will be there somewhere .Usually 2 bed vans have a decent sized bedroom.
You should really find the site and pitch first as the caravan you set your heart on might not be suitable for that pitch , for instance our van gives a much better view if the seating is on the right . Some plots might not be suitable for patio doors etc.
Old 25-01-2020, 20:30

Thanks Slattster I will have another look on the computer maybe I can't see the right options cause I have been looking on my phone. We will choose the site before the van. Just wanted to get a good idea of the layout options.

Chances are we will buy a sited van anyway.

I looked at some today with long narrow corridors and really did not like them. There will only be the two of us and the dogs but 2 beds is always good just in case so want that but a big master too. We stayed in a van last summer. It was amazing but after looking at the vans today I am pretty sure that was a high end van due to the space. We have been spoilt.
Old 26-01-2020, 06:19
Supporting Member

This is a difficult one to advise about. Most manufacturers seem to have floor plans available online on their websites. But you might not have that range of choice available.
By the time you’ve decided what area you want to be in and have found a suitable site in that area you will be probably then limited to what ‘vans they have for sale be that new or Pre-owned.
Getting the ideal ‘van, on the right pitch, on the right site in the right location might prove rather difficult. But go for it, I wish you all the best in your search. May you get to enjoy your “home from home” as much as we enjoy ours, when you find it.
Old 26-01-2020, 09:41

If you go for a van with patio doors or the panorama windows then that gives you more floor space but less seating. Don’t get too bothered about the van , As said above once you find the right site and pitch you may have limited choice of van .... that’s what happened to us and we love ours , or by that time you will have seen enough vans to get a good idea of what you want . We took a few years to find our site but had some really good days out trying to find it. Use Lloyd’s and salops recommendations but there will be others as well , just drive in if you pass them and have a look. I also used google earth , pick an area to visit and the go on google earth to identify caravan parks.

Last edited by slattster; 26-01-2020 at 09:49.
Old 26-01-2020, 10:24

Good advice slattster, ...site,plot then lastly van....another consideration is decking,some have found on some sites that they can't have the decking size they want......when we started our journey to ownership, we started at Treetops,and did as someone on here said,and used it to compare all other sites to it.As said we chose Treetops, we always say it's better in real life,and worth a visit as not all vans for sale are on web site.
Old 26-01-2020, 16:41

Just spotted this
https://treetopscaravanpark.co.uk/sa...bedroom-model/