Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 22-01-2020, 21:58

Default North Wales site recomendations

Hi everyone. I am new in here and recently we have been looking at the possibility of getting a static. We have had a tourer in the past. We live in Cheshire so looking possibly North Wales although other locations are a option. Somewhere we could go for a weekend as well as in the holidays.

We are not interested in big sites with lots of facilities. We like a quiet life and have no kids so no playground etc is not an issue. We have 3 dogs so they would have to be welcome. We are not looking to move super fast on this want to take our time and do as much research as possible.

Does anyone know of a small site where the site fees are not a second mortgage. Seen some as high as 6.5k a year. I suppose it is justified with facilities but if you are not using them then pointless in paying them. Do sites with facilities offer lower rates if you don't want to use their facilities?

Think in the spring we will hsvto go on a fact finding mission and visit some places but need a short list where I hope you guys can help.

Thanks

Old 23-01-2020, 07:43

Treetops.....worth a look ,better in real life than the website .
Old 23-01-2020, 07:47

Hello , there are loads of them , usually the more you go inland the cheaper they will be , just got to decide which area you would prefer . Head to Lloyd’s caravans at pensarn , tell them your criteria for a site and they will give you a list of sites . Also Salop leisure in Shrewsbury deal with a lot sites mid to north wales . General guidance is find the right site first , then pitch and caravan last.
Old 23-01-2020, 17:16
Supporting Member

I’d have a look at Treetops, if nothing else it will set a standard that you will be able to judge others by. Not too far along the coast ( no Prestatyn ) so not that far to travel and it’s a family run site.
Old 23-01-2020, 17:32

Thanks for the advice. I saw tree tops and its aşazing online so it will be even better in person. Only thing holding me back is that the site fees are a bit much and my husband wants to be by the beach ideally but I am sure I can influence him if the view is nice. Also the vans all seem to be new or high end. But won't let it put me off will go have a look once I have some more on my short list.