Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 04-01-2018, 13:23
Administrator

Default Park Improvements

Hi all,

Now that the new year is firmly with us, I know that a lot of you will be heading over to see your vans/parks over the next few weeks ahead of the new season.

It's always interesting to see what new changes have happened so I thought I would start a thread to see what happening out their.

If you could put your park name first (if you don't mind sharing) and then the changes.

Also do you think the changes are for the better or worse?

Can't wait to hear from you all,

Darren

Follow us on Twitter (Info)

Old 05-01-2018, 13:27

Fold House Park Pilling.
No obvious changes except several new 2018 van and lodges arrived on site prior to Christmas. They just need selling and siting now.

Having said that, I'm not sure that there is anything other than the normal planting and maintenance that needs attending to. The Park is always kept in pristine condition.
Old 08-01-2018, 23:55
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
Fold House Park Pilling.
No obvious changes except several new 2018 van and lodges arrived on site prior to Christmas. They just need selling and siting now.

Having said that, I'm not sure that there is anything other than the normal planting and maintenance that needs attending to. The Park is always kept in pristine condition.
For me that is more important than building new facilities. Theirs nothing worse than a park with a shiny new complex but potholes, dead plants, in-mown grass and broken lights all around the park.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:15

Hallheaths Lochmaben

At the bottom end of our Park towards the play area and dog work we had an area that was once used for Tourers and camping probably a good few years back electrics were still in place, and gravel bases this has now been landscaped and 5 new concrete bases put in with services roads tarmacced for some lucky People always thought this would be ideal for a lodge or two they obviously read my mind. other work around the site that i can see tree pruning and trimming.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:03

Golden gate holiday park towyn
We’re getting a new clubhouse arcade and children’s play area plus all the plots are getting redone with block paving and turfed so many rows over next couple years it should definitely be for better rates rose £235 this no doubt nxt couple years will see signaficant rises aswel .
Old 15-01-2018, 23:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltom81 View Post
Golden gate holiday park towyn
We’re getting a new clubhouse arcade and children’s play area plus all the plots are getting redone with block paving and turfed so many rows over next couple years it should definitely be for better rates rose £235 this no doubt nxt couple years will see signaficant rises aswel .
My energy customer. Finance Director on that park is a brilliant guy. trying everything possible to cut energy and water costs in fairness to them
Old 16-01-2018, 23:56

Blue Dolphin Holiday Park Mablethorpe

Everything is new for us as it is our first year here. Move in March 1st...cannot wait

Dave
Old 17-01-2018, 07:31

Aberdunant Holiday Park, Prenteg, Porthmadog.

Our park is always kept beautiful, both by the warden/groundspeople and by its stunning natural woodland setting.

Just before it closed on January 1 it was having a few new lodges on pitches where 3-4 caravans had been removed, and has recently opened a few 'pods' as an annexe to the small boutique hotel that is also on the site.

I expect the grounds will have had all the necessary maintenance work required for spring.

If there is anythin else I will repost. It opens again February 1.

Last edited by BungalowBel; 17-01-2018 at 07:34.
Old 18-01-2018, 11:09
Administrator

Thanks for the updates guys. Hopefully the snow and winds won't affect the timings so everything is ready come opening day!

Old Yesterday, 01:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Leisure Park Energy View Post
My energy customer. Finance Director on that park is a brilliant guy. trying everything possible to cut energy and water costs in fairness to them
Yes as finance director I’d imagine that was part of his job though to keep all overheads as low as possible while maintaining high profit margins across the site.