Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Shopping

Shopping Are you after a bargain and want advice or have you just bought something for your caravan? Share your bargains with the community. STATIC CARAVAN RELATED PRODUCTS ONLY

Old 07-08-2016, 13:12

Well I stick to good old Henry hoover have one at home and one for van and get any amount of attachments cheap from ebay , but unfortunately not cordless but very reliable.

Old 07-08-2016, 18:40

I have a cordless Dyson (V6 Animal) at home to work with my big heavy Dyson upright for when I just need a quick run round and am so pleased with it, am about to buy another for the van to replace my annoying Meile cylinder. The Dyson is lightweight, seems slimmer than the others (doesn't take up much room) and is very flexible (when it easily turns into a handheld). Only 20 minute charge but thats plenty :-)
Old 07-08-2016, 23:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
We empty ours regularly and rinse the filters ( you get spares free after purchase ). Never had a smell problem.
We find it equally easy to operate on both carpet and hard surfaces.
As has been said though, it's all down to whatever you fancy.That's why we bought a second one !!
Maybe MiL doesn't clean it out as often as she should then??? but emptying is a bit fiddly for me, I'm used to pushing a button and shaking over the bin and voilą empty.

With the G Tec, it's hard going on carpets I have found.....her bedroom carpet has a bit of a pile, but it's not long pile, and the hall runner is smoother and both are hard going......as I said though the wooden flooring is great.

It's each to their own though really....wouldn't do for us all to be the same!
Old 08-08-2016, 00:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmamac View Post
Well I stick to good old Henry hoover have one at home and one for van and get any amount of attachments cheap from ebay , but unfortunately not cordless but very reliable.
Yep, Henrys are very reliable.

Henry
Old 08-08-2016, 14:46
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeW View Post
Maybe MiL doesn't clean it out as often as she should then??? but emptying is a bit fiddly for me, I'm used to pushing a button and shaking over the bin and voilą empty.

With the G Tec, it's hard going on carpets I have found.....her bedroom carpet has a bit of a pile, but it's not long pile, and the hall runner is smoother and both are hard going......as I said though the wooden flooring is great.

It's each to their own though really....wouldn't do for us all to be the same!
Good point there Diane. We have a long pile rug in our conservatory and the G Tech finds it difficult. The suction pulls up the long pile and makes it difficult to push and pull the cleaner over it. But, TBH, our Dyson has a similar problem on that rug.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:58

Oh what a delight. We are going to need one but there are so many good reports we might take some time to find the right one. I can see many hours of shopping for the number of different items we are going to need.

I don't like shopping so it's going to be a real pain, not to mention the lightness of my wallet when we finish. Do you ever finish? lol
Old 09-08-2016, 17:56

Send a message via MSN to Bobsnobs Send a message via Skype™ to Bobsnobs

I must admit due to back problems I purchases a V6 Dyson cordless for both the home and the van and have never looked back. The suction is strong and easy to use. I did have a V-tec air ram which I give to my daughter as I hated it.
Old 10-08-2016, 15:29

QUOTE=Bobsnobs;163317]I must admit due to back problems I purchases a V6 Dyson cordless for both the home and the van and have never looked back. The suction is strong and easy to use. I did have a V-tec air ram which I give to my daughter as I hated it. [/QUOTE]

Update....decided on dyson cordless v6....today checked on argos v6 basic and they had gone up from yesterday...but v6 flexi was on special offer from today,it's the basic plus 3 more tools...so got it for what I was going to pay for basic...
It was bought due to health reasons...and we had already bought a corded vacuum for the van

Thanks everyone

http://www.gostatic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8938

Last edited by treetopper; 10-08-2016 at 15:33.
Old 11-08-2016, 13:50

That's a good buy that treetopper.... My daughter has the v6, but not the Flexi.....she is really happy with it.
Old 11-08-2016, 21:42

The dyson cordless is a cracking Hoover I have 1 in the house but unfortunately won't be shelling out for 1 for the static