Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 17-12-2012, 18:10

Default Question for Static Owners or Site Owners

I wonder if somebody can give us some advice, my site owner has sent us a christmas card and included our gas and electric bill and has said in the letter that it has got to be paid by the end of December(which obviously is only a few weeks away.) Normally we pay our gas and electric with our rent which is due the beginning of March and we were budgeting to pay it then, there has been no mention at anytime through the year that the payment time would be changing. Can they do this?

Old 17-12-2012, 18:16

Hi blackcat5,did you or have you signed an agreement at the beginning of last season,I have to read and sign one,if you have go and see if there is any mention....
Although there may be a clause saying 'we reserve the right to change any part of the agreement without notice'....
Hope you get it sorted
Old 17-12-2012, 18:16

What does it say in your agreement ? to the forum. We have an intro thread for newbies, in case this post is missed, you might want to introduce yourself.
Old 17-12-2012, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogabreathes View Post
What does it say in your agreement ? to the forum. We have an intro thread for newbies, in case this post is missed, you might want to introduce yourself.
I have been a member for quite a while just don't post that often tend to just be a reader. I did introduce myself when I joined.
Old 17-12-2012, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido View Post
Hi blackcat5,did you or have you signed an agreement at the beginning of last season,I have to read and sign one,if you have go and see if there is any mention....
Although there may be a clause saying 'we reserve the right to change any part of the agreement without notice'....
Hope you get it sorted
I did sign a contract when we took the pitch on which has been about 5 years ago signed nothing since, I will have to dig that contract out to see what it says.
Old 17-12-2012, 18:37

I don't see why they can't do it. Parks also have to budget.

If you want longer payment terms why not give them a call and have a chat. Most park owners are reasonable and understand that customers have to budget. We've had similar requests on occasion. We'd rather a customer call us for a chat than simply ignore us which only serves to wind us up.

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube
Old 17-12-2012, 20:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat5 View Post
I wonder if somebody can give us some advice, my site owner has sent us a christmas card and included our gas and electric bill and has said in the letter that it has got to be paid by the end of December(which obviously is only a few weeks away.) Normally we pay our gas and electric with our rent which is due the beginning of March and we were budgeting to pay it then, there has been no mention at anytime through the year that the payment time would be changing. Can they do this?
It may be worth a call and they will explain their reasons for changing,and whether it will be the same each year.
Old 17-12-2012, 20:07

I always though budgeting involved forward planning, and an understanding of cash flow and its effects. If it is custom and practice to pay the utility bills in March along with the rent and has been for the last 5 years then that is a contract (even if your agreement says differently). Changes to a contract should give reasonable oportunity for both sides to agree and comply not simply issue an invoice without prior notice. Working together should be the way forward
Old 17-12-2012, 20:09
Banned

blackcat5. I go along with why dont you ring them explain the situation and ask can you pay it in March as you normaly do. The worst they can do is say no but its a reasonable request.
Old 17-12-2012, 21:25

Hi Blackcat5, and welcome to the Forum.

That doesn't sound very friendly, to send your bill with a Christmas card. Is your site owner a grinch look-alike, or what?. This does sound like high handed management to me. Definitely sort your agreement out, and see what is happening a.s.p. As to can they do it?, they can fit the rules, to suit themselves (well some do), while others, are being tarred with the same brush, will be decent owners. Let's hope you get it sorted quickly.

And also a warm welcome to Philsut too.

Last edited by ZumbaGrandadd; 17-12-2012 at 21:26. Reason: Hi Philsut