Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Shopping

Shopping Are you after a bargain and want advice or have you just bought something for your caravan? Share your bargains with the community. STATIC CARAVAN RELATED PRODUCTS ONLY

Old 22-08-2013, 09:44

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Steam mops are great for laminate/vinyl floors, refresh pile on rugs/carpets upholstery too, this comes with a carpet glider too.
My mistake in the past has been to use plain tap water when they clearly state not to in a hard water area

No detergents, great stuff! My vinyl floor came up beautifully in 'my old girl'

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1

Old 21-10-2013, 12:53

Flu jabs ...Asda 7...Just been for OH ...NO waiting...as this year they have changed the criteria for the Free jabs....apparently the lady told us that some others are charging 15...

Could not think where else to post this...hopefully the will move if necessary
Old 08-12-2013, 19:08

Default Bargain

Just fetched wifes new bike for the caravan, bought off Ebay and its brilliant. Didnt know what to expect as i won it with 4.99 lol But its ok everything works just needs a clean.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

edit
Moved to Bargain Hunting section

Last edited by Angela M; 09-12-2013 at 12:19. Reason: Moved to bargain hunting section
Old 08-12-2013, 19:55

well done looks great
Old 09-12-2013, 00:10

I love a bargain. Well done
Old 09-12-2013, 07:49

A bargain is only a bargain if....

Sorry if I'm going to come over as a ranting know it all, I've left other forums for that very reason, it's just that cycling is a passion and I my intention is not to burst your bubble.

I want everyone riding bikes. If everyone rode a bike at some point during the week, cyclist fatalities would decrease - I think. We would also be a lot fitter.

However, many people are put off cycling by purchasing the wrong size bike at the very start. Too often I've heard, "Oh, I tried cycling once but my; butt, back, hands, knees, hurt".

Mostly, folk buy a cheap, heavy, second hand bike that will probably be set up incorrectly for the rider, then after only a few miles the rider decides cycling is not for them. The poor bike is then demoted to the back of the shed, never to see daylight again and the cyclist never achieves the sheer pleasure cycling can bring.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:30

On the other hand, why buy a superlight carbon fibre bike costing 1000 and still then find you don't like cycling? A 4.99 bike to leave at the caravan for occaisional use would be ideal I would think. Hardly a loss if it gets stolen or you decide cycling is not for you. If Mrs M was already a cyclist and knew she enjoys it, then I would agree that one of the modern bikes would be better for her.
One item which looks like a bargain to me is about to come on sale at your local ALDI store. For those of you who hav e site WiFi like we do, here is a 7 inch tablet computer by a well known brand name and well specified with a quad core processor & a reasonable screen. It is also capable of upgrading the memory capacity with a mini SD card. It also accepts a standard plug in USB memory stick for film storeage etc. Even has a 2Mp camera on the back for general photo's and a .3Mp camera on front for use as a webcam for Skype etc. Latest current Android Jelly Bean software capable of upgrade to Kit Kat when it becomes available. Not bad at all for 80.
I have the Google Nexus 7 which is great and fits in your pocket with a big enough screen for everyday use but it costs 200. This ALDI tablet has a 3 year guarantee and seems great for the price!

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...7316-md-98282/
Old 09-12-2013, 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovis View Post

Mostly, folk buy a cheap, heavy, second hand bike that will probably be set up incorrectly for the rider, then after only a few miles the rider decides cycling is not for them. The poor bike is then demoted to the back of the shed, never to see daylight again and the cyclist never achieves the sheer pleasure cycling can bring.
As someone who is currently in the market for a cheap caravan bike for my wife (and would jump at a 4.99 bargain which I am sure could be adjusted by the local bike shop if required) - I would be interested to know what research backs up your statement that most people buy the wrong bike second hand and then leave it in the shed.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:14

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauler13m View Post
Just fetched wifes new bike for the caravan, bought off Ebay and its brilliant. Didnt know what to expect as i won it with 4.99 lol But its ok everything works just needs a clean.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Hi, looks like a great bargain to me too, I think for the occasional ride at the caravan, it will be great - maybe buy a new helmet that your wife can get measured for

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 09-12-2013, 20:47

Now here is another log on the fire, if Mrs M is only going to be cycling round a caravan park, I would say there is no need for a helmet.