Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Subletting

Subletting Advice on all aspects of subletting (hiring) your caravan

Old 01-02-2018, 12:43

Default New to letting

Hello Iím new to this site and new to static caravsnning. Iíve been a caravan tourer for over 20 years so time for a change. Iím looking into renting my static probably to friends and see how that goes but no matter who rents I need to do it correctly. So Iím looking for booking forms and t/c forms. How do you go about it? Any tips and help will be most appreciated.

Old 01-02-2018, 13:45

I'm a new owner too and also new to static caravan holidaying having only had a couple of holidays in one prior to buying my own late last year. I will also be letting friends and family use mine - I will not be letting to strangers. When I decided to buy my own (on the same site where I had been renting), I took advantage of the Ts & Cs in the one I had been renting and based my letting agreement on theirs - one that was let out on a proper, albeit private, basis. I've copied some of the park rules and regulations and also added loads of my own stuff. I'm using a simple booking form again based on the ones I've used in the past and when I receipt the payment, I will be doing so using a basic booking confirmation form - again based on the one I have previously been sent when I've been holidaying. Make sure your gas and electric safety certificates are up-to-date and that PAT testing has been carried out. Sorry I can't be more specific at present but I hope this helps a bit.
Old 01-02-2018, 15:02

Not allowed on our site although friends and family are fine, but anyone staying needs to abide by site rules or you could find your self in trouble, we keep all our clothing food stuffs personal effects in the van so only close close friends and family get to use it. if you have a dog or cat which holidays with you in your van you need to let other people know or u could find urself in court if people use it with allergies and take ill , if u rent in winter you need to factor in gas CH on full time would not last a week plus your insurer would need to know you are sub letting probably tons more.
Old 01-02-2018, 15:24

We can let family and friends use our van but we are not allowed to let it out. So that means family and friends can stay without charge.

We do have a letting property in Spain, which is solely for letting, we don't have a letting form as such as we advertise on a professional website, but we do have a contract which we send out. It contains relevant questions which the renters fill in and email back to us. If you would like a copy, send me a p m and I will forward it to you.

Last edited by Mosquito; 01-02-2018 at 15:30.
Old 02-02-2018, 17:51
Supporting Member

Hi, you,ll need smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, we also have a fire blanket and medical box
littlefb