Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > Introduction

Introduction Why not take a moment to introduce yourself.

Old 09-06-2019, 11:13

Default Hi forum members

I have just two weeks ago bought a 'new to us' Pemberton Sovereign static caravan with a ramp on a Haven site in Kent.

This is our first caravan and am pleased with it. I have found this forums huge amount of information useful for a newbie like me.

I used to stay in caravans for holidays as a child in the sixties when there were gas mantle lamps and a communal water supply and showers. I remember lugging the water urn back to the caravan as there was no tank or direct supply in those days.

My wife's family also have owned caravans in the past.

My wife is a wheelchair user and we have had holiday breaks in this make of caravan on a few occasions so we knew what to expect from the Pemberton Sovereign.

We did a pre visit to inspect the condition and make sure all was ok with no internal damp as the caravan at the time was in a winterised state.

Gas safety certificate and electrical safety certificate were all done as part of the price before signing the caravan over.

So I am learning all about best practice when leaving the caravan and winterisation. We are just making a few tweaks and cleaning before having our first overnight stay. We have been busy with the buying stage to get the essential bits and pieces together in preparation. I am always keen to learn more from the wealth of experience this forum has.

Kind Regards,
Keith

Old 09-06-2019, 11:15

awesome to the forum. YOu'll find loads of useful information on here and loads of support from the other members too.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:23
Supporting Member

to the forum, and to static ‘van ownership. Any queries, just ask away and the good folk on here will try to help.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:34

to you both. The Pemberton Sovereign is a brilliant caravan for anyone disabled. We are trying to buy one ourselves.We already have an adapted van with a ramp but the Sovereign is the bees knees of vans as its built like that from scratch and not a halfway afterthought. We have been into static caravans for many years & I remember well they old days of gas mantles, a water can in the van collected from stand pipes around the site, the bucket under the caravan to catch the waste water from the sink, the double bed that pulled down out of the wall and the wardrobe doors with 3 or 4 extra hinged doors inside that folded out at night to divide the double bed "bedroom" area from the table & 2 settees in the lounge area where the kids slept. The heating was a coal fire in the middle of the caravan. The toilet block with oil lamps for illumination and the what we thought of amazing new facilities as the years went by like "electric" lights in the loos from a car battery & an old car dynamo turned into a wind generator, then one year, the joy of finding a room built with a communal TV in it! How times have changed eh? but still a great lifestyle choice. WELCOME AND ENJOY YOUR NEW VAN!
Old 09-06-2019, 19:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by keef View Post
I have just two weeks ago bought a 'new to us' Pemberton Sovereign static caravan with a ramp on a Haven site in Kent.

This is our first caravan and am pleased with it. I have found this forums huge amount of information useful for a newbie like me.

I used to stay in caravans for holidays as a child in the sixties when there were gas mantle lamps and a communal water supply and showers. I remember lugging the water urn back to the caravan as there was no tank or direct supply in those days.

My wife's family also have owned caravans in the past.

My wife is a wheelchair user and we have had holiday breaks in this make of caravan on a few occasions so we knew what to expect from the Pemberton Sovereign.

We did a pre visit to inspect the condition and make sure all was ok with no internal damp as the caravan at the time was in a winterised state.

Gas safety certificate and electrical safety certificate were all done as part of the price before signing the caravan over.

So I am learning all about best practice when leaving the caravan and winterisation. We are just making a few tweaks and cleaning before having our first overnight stay. We have been busy with the buying stage to get the essential bits and pieces together in preparation. I am always keen to learn more from the wealth of experience this forum has.

Kind Regards,
Keith
to the forum Keith, I hope that you and your wife enjoy your new home from home. It's great to be able to pack the car and go to the van whenever you like.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on the forum so if you need any advice please ask. I'm sure that someone will be able to help.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:29
Administrator

Hi and welcome to the forum, happy posting.

Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Old 11-06-2019, 16:53

They are great vans and I am sure it is a relief to your wife to know what to expect and not have to worry about access etc. All you need now is some decent weather.

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 26-07-2019, 09:29

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome to the forum.

Yes Maddy with the caravan alterations complete ( with guidance from Pemberton) and with new bedding and a thoroughly good clean we finally got that decent weather and enjoyed our first weekend in the caravan with our daughter and grandson.

We also got to explore the site a bit more and meet some of the neighbours who are very friendly and look forward to getting to know them better.

Being retired now I look forward to more breaks away from routine and spending time in our 'new to us' caravan.

Cheers,

Keith

Last edited by keef; 26-07-2019 at 09:31.
Old 27-07-2019, 08:01

That's great news so now you just get to moan about it being too hot

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.