Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 19-02-2018, 08:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Thomas View Post
Hi Guys

My name is david i have just started a new job in sales which ive never done before. And just before or as you think it im not here to advertise. I am here to ask for your experiences both good and bad durring your purchase of a caravan.What encouraged you to choose this life style and what was your journey in finding what you were looking for from start to finish. I hate the thought of cold calling if someone called you what do you really want to know my jobs isnt just to sell its to help someone find what they are looking for in my opinion. Its hard getting on an even foot with someone to find out what they are looking for. I dont like sending brochures either the information is limited and you can get it online what would you guys rather receive and e-mails oh me im sure you guys have been bombarded with e-mail after e-mail what would you want to know and how would i be able to stand out so my e-mail actually gets read. I know asking for help seems rather cheeky but its not my intention i just feel i could help people better if i understood more. cheers guys and thanks in advance for any help received. p.s if there is any questions i might be able to solve for you guys please feel free to ask.
Is this not just market research by any other name ?

Old 19-02-2018, 10:17

Thank you really valuble information it help me to make it easier to understand and give people what they want and need instead of forcing what they dont need or want. as well as been on a commition based sales i dont see this as my need to trick people or lie. if they are in front of me they are considering buying i would just like to take what they need and want at put it against what we can provide and have to best match my customers needs it will be entirley there choice there after. i dont like pushing or pestering. If i can help out on this forum on topics relating to sales prices ect i will do my best to contribute just have to watch out for old posts cheers guys
Old 19-02-2018, 11:43
Supporting Member

A good tip I think David is to also get to know the other costs. Getting some insurance quotes from the major companies for the all the models you sell would be a good start. Not so easy on site fees, and fuel usage, but you could still do as much research as you can. People like to know maybe not how much it is going to cost to buy as they can see that in front of them, but how much on going costs are afterwards. The more you know about that, the more helpful you will seem.
Old 20-02-2018, 16:46

Hi David, please take this as a "genuine" comment, something I used to say to people who worked for me. Learn when to use capital letters, and use a spell checker if you want to communicate in writing. First impressions count far more than perhaps they should.