Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 22-03-2019, 10:22

Default tara634

Hi everyone,

I know I'm probably asking for the impossible. Firstly I am a complete Newbie, so be patient with me.

I have seen a caravan I like at a dealers in East Yorkshire, not a huge fortune in comparison to caravan's I have since seen.

What I am looking for is a quiet adult site, dog friendly. I don't want a clubhouse or shop. The location I am looking for is the Cheshire/ Derbyshire/Staffordshire borders. I ideally would like somewhere near to Glossop.

I have gathered in the last week or two that you can buy directly from a caravan site, however, the prices I have seen are out of price range, that's if you can find one. Can anybody out there help me?

Old 22-03-2019, 11:40

.....catch22. ...Some sites will have bring ons,but you have to pay connection fees etc.etc. so in some cases you can buy a sited van cheaper than buying from a dealer then paying all the fees...also the site should be open to giving sweeteners,free site fees etc...
Old 22-03-2019, 16:46
Supporting Member

Dealers show ‘vans with these prices in the front window. You then pay for transport, pitch fee, siting etc. and before you know it the price is up there similar to buying from site.
Sometimes there are sites who have agreements with local dealers & have pitches allocated to them. i.e. Southcliff the local council owned site at Bridlington do not sell Caravans and the local ‘van dealers can sell to put on their allocated pitches on the site.
The site our ‘van is on does not sell ‘vans and a local dealer is used however it does appear that sites like these are relatively rare.
Old 22-03-2019, 16:55

Have a look at Newhaven in Derbyshire. The site has been in the same family for 50 years. Dog friendly and not 'commercial'. Their website says "We are in the process of placing orders for a number of brand new vans for the 2019 season. All pitches are at the top of the Park, in quiet positions with lovely views. The holiday homes will range in size and budget. If you are thinking of buying a new static holiday caravan get in touch and we can design it to your budget, together."
Old 24-03-2019, 06:52

to the forum.
Most parks buy some vans from dealers to sell on their parks. You can find parks that will allow you to take vans on, but as explained, there will be expenses attached. Don't buy a van from a dealer unless you have written agreement from a park you can site it on their park and also find out exactly what it will cost you.

Good luck.