Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 05-04-2019, 21:09

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Would the choice of room for the thermostat also depend upon which rooms get the least sunlight?
Just thinking of how the sun affects the temperature of different rooms in my caravan

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1

Old 06-04-2019, 09:12

[QUOTE=Angela M;174530]Would the choice of room for the thermostat also depend upon which rooms get the least sunlight?
Just thinking of how the sun affects the temperature of different rooms in my caravan[/QU

Last edited by Peter.R; 06-04-2019 at 09:34.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela M View Post
Would the choice of room for the thermostat also depend upon which rooms get the least sunlight?
Just thinking of how the sun affects the temperature of different rooms in my caravan
Most definitely even the position of your caravan in relation the the sun can have a huge impact on the temperature inside your caravan (and your heating g bills !) I know when I get the direct sunlight into my caravan the temperature can vary as much as 7 - 10 degree on a cold but sunny day !....As opposed to a cloudy day when the temperature can drop !
Old 06-04-2019, 16:36

We move our thermostat around, I would not leave it in the bedroom during the day. In our van the bedroom is the coldest room, so we could be in the lounge in the afternoon with the full sun warming it to a warm 20-25 and the bedroom might only be 15 or so and the heating would come on. In the night we take the thermostat into the bedroom set to 15 for the night, and then 20 degrees at 8am to get up to, then we have it in the lounge during the day and evening, 20 during the day and 22 up to midnight. Our van is quite warm and gets the full sun, so often the heating doesn't come on at all during the day, even in the winter months.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/He...deshow/?sort=4
Old 06-04-2019, 19:35

Surely, the purpose of the thermostat includes the function of turning off the heating if the temperature of the room is increased due to other means. So if the lounge gets sufficient sunshine then the heating shuts down.
I do not move my thermostat from room to room at home - why should I in the 'van?
If the 'stat is moved to, say, a bedroom, then due to the balance of the radiators (which would normally inflict a lower temperature on the secondary rooms), won't the lounge area temperature rise to an unnecessary level? Maybe not if the lounge TRVs are turned down to prevent this.

G
Old 09-04-2019, 20:05
Supporting Member

I have mine fixed on the wall, When i go to bed i put it down to 10 degrees just to take the chill off in the mornings and when i first wake up i tend to use my mobile to ramp up the temp whilst i'm still in bed, and hour later when i get up the van is nice and toasty

I find that after being on 21 -22 degress during the evening, when i turn it down to 10 degrees its stil about 15 when i wake up so the van is holding the heat well.

Today i looked at my Mobile Thermostat app and it showed the temp set at the 5 degrees but the actual room temp was 17.5 which is reasonable, just using the sun coming through