Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > The Exchange > Wanted

Wanted Post where you want a caravan for exchange.

Old 30-08-2011, 16:42

Smile I'm ba-aackk..! With a question on furniture!

Hello All,

Its been quiet on the Twindle front I know...but that's because we have been thoroughly enjoying our first season 'caravanning'..!

So much so that my nan-in-law has decided to 'upgrade' to a larger 2 bed caravan. One came up on site, the price was right and she went for it. Its a very clean and tidy Atlas Applause. It will be re-sited to a nicer plot next weekend. She is delighted with it. Shame it hadn't come up a year ago..!!

Last weekend, most of the family descended on her little one bed, and we all had lots of fun, it confirmed to her that buying a caravan had been the right decision.

As the site is cut off with one way in and out, we were comfortable to let our girls play outside with the other kids on bikes and go karts. They could never do that at home in London! They LOVED it! Everyone watches out for each others children - it has a real community feel.

We are hoping for a warmish September for more fun. We have found our bearings and know where to go for a beer or, for my husband, the all important bar with Sky Sports..!

The only thing I would like to get is a matching coffee table - is there anywhere that sells ex-caravan furniture or similar?

Bye for now x

Old 30-08-2011, 17:31

hi nice to see you again so glad your enjoying your caravan you,l have to get some pics on of new van when you can
Old 30-08-2011, 17:33
Supporting Member

hi there twindle
wonder where you had gone too....
x

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 30-08-2011, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindle View Post
Hello All,

Its been quiet on the Twindle front I know...but that's because we have been thoroughly enjoying our first season 'caravanning'..!

So much so that my nan-in-law has decided to 'upgrade' to a larger 2 bed caravan. One came up on site, the price was right and she went for it. Its a very clean and tidy Atlas Applause. It will be re-sited to a nicer plot next weekend. She is delighted with it. Shame it hadn't come up a year ago..!!

Last weekend, most of the family descended on her little one bed, and we all had lots of fun, it confirmed to her that buying a caravan had been the right decision.

As the site is cut off with one way in and out, we were comfortable to let our girls play outside with the other kids on bikes and go karts. They could never do that at home in London! They LOVED it! Everyone watches out for each others children - it has a real community feel.

We are hoping for a warmish September for more fun. We have found our bearings and know where to go for a beer or, for my husband, the all important bar with Sky Sports..!

The only thing I would like to get is a matching coffee table - is there anywhere that sells ex-caravan furniture or similar?

Bye for now x

Good question Twindle, i have been looking everywhere to find a replacement coffee table for my delta and just cannot find one anywhere (all not quite the right colour). i even emailed Delta and asked if i could bye a replacement, Did not even get a response!
Old 30-08-2011, 18:59

hi twindle
i dont know where you live but the lawns caravan show is on at the weekend which is in cottingham near hull. you might find one there.
Old 30-08-2011, 19:38
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocy View Post
hi twindle
i dont know where you live but the lawns caravan show is on at the weekend which is in cottingham near hull. you might find one there.
do they sell stuff direct to the public there and then?

Old 30-08-2011, 19:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamaria589 View Post
do they sell stuff direct to the public there and then?
hi tiamaria
i dont know about that. weve only been once and that was 3 years ago and we didnt have a van then so we were just having a look around. i can tell you the show is huge and all the main caravan manufacturers are there and loads of stalls relating to caravans. so im sure any questions asked will be answered there.
Old 30-08-2011, 19:50
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocy View Post
hi tiamaria
i dont know about that. weve only been once and that was 3 years ago and we didnt have a van then so we were just having a look around. i can tell you the show is huge and all the main caravan manufacturers are there and loads of stalls relating to caravans. so im sure any questions asked will be answered there.
thanks chocywoccyyumyum ( soz i couldnt resist)
i wthink i googled it ( the lawns not the choccy bit) but i think it is waaay too far for me to go x which is a shame x

Old 31-08-2011, 10:05

Smile

Hi,

A caravan show....now there's an idea..! Hull is a bit of a schlep, but I'll look to see if there are any other shows nearer me.

Contacting the manufacturer is also a great idea.

Thanks everyone