Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

 

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > The Exchange > Wanted

Wanted Post where you want a caravan for exchange.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 30-08-2011, 16:42
twindle's Avatar
twindle twindle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 55
Smile I'm ba-aackk..! With a question on furniture!

Hello All,

Its been quiet on the Twindle front I know...but that's because we have been thoroughly enjoying our first season 'caravanning'..!

So much so that my nan-in-law has decided to 'upgrade' to a larger 2 bed caravan. One came up on site, the price was right and she went for it. Its a very clean and tidy Atlas Applause. It will be re-sited to a nicer plot next weekend. She is delighted with it. Shame it hadn't come up a year ago..!!

Last weekend, most of the family descended on her little one bed, and we all had lots of fun, it confirmed to her that buying a caravan had been the right decision.

As the site is cut off with one way in and out, we were comfortable to let our girls play outside with the other kids on bikes and go karts. They could never do that at home in London! They LOVED it! Everyone watches out for each others children - it has a real community feel.

We are hoping for a warmish September for more fun. We have found our bearings and know where to go for a beer or, for my husband, the all important bar with Sky Sports..!

The only thing I would like to get is a matching coffee table - is there anywhere that sells ex-caravan furniture or similar?

Bye for now x
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 30-08-2011, 17:31
keira's Avatar
keira keira is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: waterside ingoldmells
Posts: 1,520
Default

hi nice to see you again so glad your enjoying your caravan you,l have to get some pics on of new van when you can
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30-08-2011, 17:33
Tiamaria589's Avatar
Tiamaria589 Tiamaria589 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,518
Default

hi there twindle
wonder where you had gone too....
x
__________________
ruled by....one beautiful granddaughter, 2 kids, 3 cats and 1 hubby

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30-08-2011, 18:49
Bungle's Avatar
Bungle Bungle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Leisureglades Park ,Essex
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindle View Post
Hello All,

Its been quiet on the Twindle front I know...but that's because we have been thoroughly enjoying our first season 'caravanning'..!

So much so that my nan-in-law has decided to 'upgrade' to a larger 2 bed caravan. One came up on site, the price was right and she went for it. Its a very clean and tidy Atlas Applause. It will be re-sited to a nicer plot next weekend. She is delighted with it. Shame it hadn't come up a year ago..!!

Last weekend, most of the family descended on her little one bed, and we all had lots of fun, it confirmed to her that buying a caravan had been the right decision.

As the site is cut off with one way in and out, we were comfortable to let our girls play outside with the other kids on bikes and go karts. They could never do that at home in London! They LOVED it! Everyone watches out for each others children - it has a real community feel.

We are hoping for a warmish September for more fun. We have found our bearings and know where to go for a beer or, for my husband, the all important bar with Sky Sports..!

The only thing I would like to get is a matching coffee table - is there anywhere that sells ex-caravan furniture or similar?

Bye for now x

Good question Twindle, i have been looking everywhere to find a replacement coffee table for my delta and just cannot find one anywhere (all not quite the right colour). i even emailed Delta and asked if i could bye a replacement, Did not even get a response!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30-08-2011, 18:59
Chocy's Avatar
Chocy Chocy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: near hull
Posts: 817
Default

hi twindle
i dont know where you live but the lawns caravan show is on at the weekend which is in cottingham near hull. you might find one there.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30-08-2011, 19:38
Tiamaria589's Avatar
Tiamaria589 Tiamaria589 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocy View Post
hi twindle
i dont know where you live but the lawns caravan show is on at the weekend which is in cottingham near hull. you might find one there.
do they sell stuff direct to the public there and then?
__________________
ruled by....one beautiful granddaughter, 2 kids, 3 cats and 1 hubby

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-08-2011, 19:46
Chocy's Avatar
Chocy Chocy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: near hull
Posts: 817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamaria589 View Post
do they sell stuff direct to the public there and then?
hi tiamaria
i dont know about that. weve only been once and that was 3 years ago and we didnt have a van then so we were just having a look around. i can tell you the show is huge and all the main caravan manufacturers are there and loads of stalls relating to caravans. so im sure any questions asked will be answered there.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30-08-2011, 19:50
Tiamaria589's Avatar
Tiamaria589 Tiamaria589 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocy View Post
hi tiamaria
i dont know about that. weve only been once and that was 3 years ago and we didnt have a van then so we were just having a look around. i can tell you the show is huge and all the main caravan manufacturers are there and loads of stalls relating to caravans. so im sure any questions asked will be answered there.
thanks chocywoccyyumyum ( soz i couldnt resist)
i wthink i googled it ( the lawns not the choccy bit) but i think it is waaay too far for me to go x which is a shame x
__________________
ruled by....one beautiful granddaughter, 2 kids, 3 cats and 1 hubby

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 31-08-2011, 10:05
twindle's Avatar
twindle twindle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 55
Smile

Hi,

A caravan show....now there's an idea..! Hull is a bit of a schlep, but I'll look to see if there are any other shows nearer me.

Contacting the manufacturer is also a great idea.

Thanks everyone
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

West Coast Windows


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Garden Furniture Bathbelle Owning A Caravan 2 26-01-2016 22:25
Ba humbug mauler13m General Discussion 15 21-12-2014 20:17
Furniture Chrissy52 Owning A Caravan 39 21-03-2013 15:36
new furniture JACKSTER Technical Issues 25 30-08-2012 20:08
BA plane...... vanman General Discussion 18 03-07-2012 21:21


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.