Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 30-05-2012, 07:37

Send a message via MSN to Bobsnobs Send a message via Skype™ to Bobsnobs
Default Relocating a static to another park

Relocating a Static

Search the internet for sites that allowed Bring Ons. Ring round as a lot of sites in your choosen area as sending an email does not get you a reply in most cases Drive round to the sites and ask in reception could you have a walk or drive round the site before discussing pitches etc so you get a feel for the site before wasting the owners time. IUf you see other people at the site around their vans ask them about the site to get a general feel of their views. Ask questions

Do they allow decking?

Do they allow pets?

Is the park suitable for children (As some parks are only suitable for families with children over 16)

How long can you keep your van on site?

What are the siting fees

What are the Pitch fee’s for the year

Who has responsibility to mow round the van?

Can you put your own mark on the garden area?

Is it piped gas or bottled gas

What facilities do the park have on site

What are the sites season.

Is it walking distance to shops etc ..If it is have a walk to the shops and see how you feel about the distance

Are you in a flood area?

What mobile phone signals can you get and do they have internet / wifi access.

Checked to see if the mobile phone companies have wifi coverage in the area.

Once you have found the right site the site usually recommended the static removal company they use or shop round for your own.

Give notice to your park that you have to leave.

Check disconnection fee costs from your park.

Check to see if you get a refund for the months you did not use

Check the gas & electric reading before you leave

Contact Insurance company with the removal date so they could change the policy to the new park

Empty your van and remove all pots, pans, glasses, ornaments, Televisions, Empty fridge/freezer . Empty under the bed and under the van.

Normally you can leave bedding, Towels and coffee table. The patio furniture put in the van and the removal guys secured it in the static.

Once the van is empty w let the transport people know and they liaise with your old caravan park for a date to pick the van up.

Checked with new site to make sure the arrival date of the new van is ok with them.

If your insurance states you have to have the van anchored down let your new site know before hand.

Once caravan is sited you may find that the doors wont shut and they have dropped and thats because the van has settled. You need to get the site to come back and make sure that the van is re-leveled

Last edited by Bobsnobs; 15-06-2012 at 15:09.

Old 30-05-2012, 11:57
Retired Member

It is good Bobnobs - when I have a little more time, I will add to this thread for reference, if you don't mind, some other things to watch out for/take into consideration - if that is ok?

Last edited by Retired Member 8; 30-05-2012 at 12:00.
Old 30-05-2012, 15:36
Banned

Bobsnobs. That is a great post very thorourgh and like the guide Angela B put together I am sure will benefit lots of folks.
Old 31-05-2012, 04:18

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

As Bobs says any additions to this thread will be useful, but each case will be different as it will of course depend upon what your requirements are as a family, and what your current site is lacking, or maybe it is not quite what you expected, or site rules have changed etc so the new site needs to fulfill those requirements.
In the new 'Reference Hub' Here there are many points raised to consider when choosing a site which may be helpful to read, as it would be a kind of refresher as to why you bought your caravan in the first place, but circumstances can also change, or site rules can change/change hands, so by drawing up a list of needs as Bobs did, that suited her circumstances, she was able to successfully find an alternative site.

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1

Last edited by Angela M; 31-05-2012 at 05:38. Reason: link added
Old 21-07-2012, 09:00

You should also check out the site rules regarding workmen that you may need to fix anything on your van as a lot of sites only allow one's that are linked in with the mangement (i.e thier mates) also deliveries as a lot wont allow certain types of deliveries.
Old 25-07-2012, 10:28

I agree with PGSL - Parks tend to want to get their people to do things however I think this has something to do with Health and Safety. They need to be able to ensure that the caravan is in the right condition, connected correctly and also free from any issues that could cause a hazard to other owners.

Maybe its not just about "helping their mates" then?!
Old 25-07-2012, 12:35

good post bobsnobs well done
Old 26-07-2012, 11:38

A brilliant posting Bobsnobs, it will be a guide for those, who are considering moving thier van.
Old 16-08-2012, 11:49

Default Re De-siting costs

Hi All.

I have started the process of moving my static to another park.
My current park owner has advised me that the labour costs alone for the de-siting will be around the £950.00 mark.
I am also informed that should any parts be required these will be priced at the time.
Does anyone else have any sort of cost idea for this process.
Is this a reasonable cost for de-siting?

Regards
Garry
Old 16-08-2012, 12:28

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.s View Post
Hi All.

I have started the process of moving my static to another park.
My current park owner has advised me that the labour costs alone for the de-siting will be around the £950.00 mark.
I am also informed that should any parts be required these will be priced at the time.
Does anyone else have any sort of cost idea for this process.
Is this a reasonable cost for de-siting?

Regards
Garry
Hi Garry, have a read through this, its the 'GoStatic Reference Hub', there's a lot of info for you.
We have a a few members who have moved onto another site, so they should be able to advise you as to what they paid, we also have some very helpful site owners on here, who can advise you from their perspective.
Each site is different of course, but it will give you a rough idea.
Hope this helps

Edit
Bobsnobs post was merged with 'Sites allowing Bring-ons' and moved to the 'Reference Hub'

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1

Last edited by Angela M; 16-08-2012 at 12:34. Reason: link added