Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

 

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion > Travel

Travel Are you going on holiday? Got a favourite destination? Discuss it here. (Not caravan related)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 15-06-2012, 08:17
Retired Member 4 Retired Member 4 is offline
Retired Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela B View Post
Oh no! - now look what I've done

Think I'd rather discuss 'ablutions'
yes my favourite subject ! not ablutions benidorm , i was just going to say if it went off subject it wasnt my fault that time !
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 15-06-2012, 09:43
dasboot dasboot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.
Posts: 4,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela B View Post
Oh no! - now look what I've done

Think I'd rather discuss 'ablutions'
I bet you're like jaqueline when you're down Barmouth anj.
__________________
Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 15-06-2012, 12:33
treetopper treetopper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Treetops
Posts: 5,889
Default

Enjoy Das...watch out for the disability scooters
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 15-06-2012, 12:58
mick1950 mick1950 is offline
Departed Friend
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: brynowen/borth
Posts: 3,867
Default

memories...last time i was in benidorm the faulklands war had just ended,and us brits wern,t very welcome then.have a great time when you go.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 15-06-2012, 13:32
dasboot dasboot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.
Posts: 4,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1950 View Post
memories...last time i was in benidorm the faulklands war had just ended,and us brits wern,t very welcome then.have a great time when you go.
I get what you mean mick. What was it like 30 years ago?
__________________
Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 15-06-2012, 14:42
mick1950 mick1950 is offline
Departed Friend
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: brynowen/borth
Posts: 3,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasboot View Post
I get what you mean mick. What was it like 30 years ago?
very busy and very lively.we were in a hotel called the pueblo(it was c....p).trouble is when you get a bad hotel,you tend to judge the whole place as being the same,so we never went back.in reality benidorm is as good as anywhere in spain.must admit i prefer majorca to the mainland,but my absolute favourite place is mexico.long flight,but great hotels,and i love the people.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 15-06-2012, 16:41
dasboot dasboot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.
Posts: 4,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1950 View Post
,but my absolute favourite place is mexico.long flight,but great hotels,and i love the people.
We went to Mexico in 98 mick. Very nice
Indeed.I still wear the sombrero now at parties lol.
__________________
Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 26-08-2012, 09:24
shuggiegreen shuggiegreen is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,616
Default

I have never been to Benidorm but its very mention reminds me of a dear departed friend who died tragicaly from cancer many years ago at far to young an age.In the early years of package holiday she and her hubby jusy loved going to benidorm and she raved about it she loved her rum and coked and allways came home looking like a lobster.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 14-10-2012, 12:36
peppperr's Avatar
peppperr peppperr is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 18
Default

Hi Das

I have stayed at this hotel twice, 2010 + 2011. It was fantastic both times. The hotel itself is very clean and definately 4*. The all inclusive was a great deal for us as we had a grandchild with us. We would go back again and again! The staff are great, the food varied, the entertainment mixed and the pool fun!
I was very apprehensive about going after seeing "Benidorm" on TV but this hotel is in no way similar except there's a pool and sunshine.
It's out of the way in that you are away from the crowds, but only a ten minute walk to the beach and busy town area.
It is opposite the Benidorm Palace which was a great night out and you can eat dinner there if you wish.

Hope you have a great time.
Pep
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 14-10-2012, 13:29
Tiamaria589's Avatar
Tiamaria589 Tiamaria589 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppperr View Post
Hi Das

I have stayed at this hotel twice, 2010 + 2011. It was fantastic both times. The hotel itself is very clean and definately 4*. The all inclusive was a great deal for us as we had a grandchild with us. We would go back again and again! The staff are great, the food varied, the entertainment mixed and the pool fun!
I was very apprehensive about going after seeing "Benidorm" on TV but this hotel is in no way similar except there's a pool and sunshine.
It's out of the way in that you are away from the crowds, but only a ten minute walk to the beach and busy town area.
It is opposite the Benidorm Palace which was a great night out and you can eat dinner there if you wish.

Hope you have a great time.
Pep
that's nice to have a review from someone who has actually been there..

not long now Das
__________________
ruled by....one beautiful granddaughter, 2 kids, 3 cats and 1 hubby

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

West Coast Windows


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Benidorm slattster General Discussion 4 23-03-2016 13:50
Benidorm Is Bangin. dasboot General Discussion 25 02-12-2012 11:07
Caravan in Benidorm jodieh12 Before Owning A Caravan 3 10-08-2009 19:22


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.