Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 28-12-2012, 11:33

Question 4K site fees far too much.. Any alternative site recommendations

Hi all,

Hope your christmas was a pleasant one.

We are looking for an alternative site to move to as we are currently paying 4,000 sites fees at the moment but we dont use hardly any of the facilities on site that we are paying for.

We are currently located at billingaquadrome in northampton but arent bothered where we move to.

We are looking to pay around 1,500 to 2,000 site fees on the new site, we arent bothered if there arent any facilities on site although they must allow animals and have a postbox.

Any ideas/suggestions would be most appreciated

Kind regards Mark

Old 28-12-2012, 12:22

To open a question, Surely you must have some limitations of location i.e. Cornwall or Scotland, seaside or inland, facillities no facillities??
Old 28-12-2012, 12:38

How on gods earth can billing aquadrome be 4k in fees?? do you live there full time??? my park is 5 mins from lake windermere, the pitch sizes are huge, open 10.5 months, water on throughout, and some of my customers resent paying 2k plus vat. astonishing where they get people to pay that sort of money. before you ask tho my park is holiday only ie no long term occupiers i would be breaching my licence if i let folk reside here.
Old 28-12-2012, 13:21

have a good think about how far/time you want to spend travelling to your static. Think about fuel costs too and then let us know if you prefer to stay in the countryside or move to the coast. There are so many members here to give you a pointer, but you need to be realistic about where and what you need to move to. Frying pans and fires etc...
Old 28-12-2012, 15:35
Banned

Yogabreathes.Those are good questions it might help the poster to make a list starting with the must haves and working down to the not so important.
Old 28-12-2012, 15:54

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe76 View Post
Hi all,

Hope your christmas was a pleasant one.

We are looking for an alternative site to move to as we are currently paying 4,000 sites fees at the moment but we dont use hardly any of the facilities on site that we are paying for.

We are currently located at billingaquadrome in northampton but arent bothered where we move to.

We are looking to pay around 1,500 to 2,000 site fees on the new site, we arent bothered if there arent any facilities on site although they must allow animals and have a postbox.

Any ideas/suggestions would be most appreciated

Kind regards Mark

Hi, are you planning to move your caravan or sell and buy another?
Have a read through two of the threads in the reference hub
http://www.gostatic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=47 - (relocating your caravan, and buying advice and tips).
also, have a read through the links at the bottom of the first posts, this will help you to help you re-assess you family's needs/requirements before moving

Reading these will help you get back to basics

Angela B

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1

Last edited by Angela M; 28-12-2012 at 16:00. Reason: link
Old 28-12-2012, 19:27

Angela B,

I will look at the threads you posted.

To answer the other posters who have asked questions...
Billingaquadrome charge 4k as they have 24hr security, several pubs on site, a swimming pool, on site shops, free access to the summer events on site, they are open 11 months a year (but we only stay for about 6 or 7 months anyway), there are actually different people on site whos site fees range from 2k to 3.5k, we seem to be at the top end of the spectrum and when we have spoken to billing they have refused to negotiate so we have decided to move the van. If we sold our van to billing we'd only get a couple of thousand for it and we bought it for about 12k so its best to just move the van.

We have a flat in coventry in the midlands where we spend the rest of our time so about an hour from here would be ideal but not essential.
We only need a site that is open for possilbly 6-9 months with postbox facilities, allows animals and has water, electric and gas bottle access..

If there was anymore questions please ask

Any site recommendations would be appreciated
Old 28-12-2012, 19:39

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

I have a large back garden with panoramic views of Cannock Chase....seriously though,i couldn't justify 4 grand,even if there were strippers in the club.Abbeyford,Towyn,2120 all in.
Old 28-12-2012, 20:13

We have been on Stows nearly 3 years and so far we are really happy with the site. Nice and friendly and certainly child friendly. The office is managed seven days a week and the staff are really helpful. There is no age limit on the caravans you have on the site. There is a huge field about 8 acres for the children to play on and also walk dogs as long as you clear up!!!! The ground rent for a 10 foot van is 1500 and for a 12 foot I 1650. For basics things you may need like bread,milk, bacon, sausage, margarine, cakes and biscuits there is a little shop at the site next door If you have any more questions just give us a shout and we will try and help.
Old 28-12-2012, 20:45

Oh and a few other needs are a mobile phone signal and decking