Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:46
Banned

Maddy. They are very cold when they have been empty for a while.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:00

Our new can is getting delivered on thursday so hopefully we can get to stay in it next weekend!
Old 03-02-2013, 16:28

My hubbie and I took our 11 yr old grandson to the caravan yesterday at Eyemouth to change the salt and check on it. Thank goodness everything is ok. Really relieved, as last year, when we had it at Wemyss Bay, when we checked in February there was some mould on the walls and my curtains and I had to take them home and wash them. I think this must be a more open and sunny site as the van was fine. A lovely sunny day but very cold. We didn't hang about the van too long but went into town for lunch, then hubby sat in the car watching the sea while grandson and I walked along the prom. Very bracing indeed. We won't be going back now until about April when hopefully it will be a bit warmer. I am afraid I like my home comforts too much.
Old 03-02-2013, 20:38

March 1st will be our first night in our van and it can't come fast enough! Iam so excited, worse than the kids!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 20:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymay View Post
We won't be going back now until about April when hopefully it will be a bit warmer. I am afraid I like my home comforts too much.
And that is the same problem with my OH, so we can't go to our van till 1st April.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:57
Supporting Member

We'll be going over the weekend of 23/24 Feb to take all the stuff back and get it all straightened out - not sure yet whether we'll stay over ... depends on the weather I think (althoug we will have had it reconnected, so we'll be able to stay if we want to!). First planned weekend is 8-10 March as hubby is going to a model railway exhibition the first weekend in March - bad timing!!! So close now - it seems such a long time since we closed up, and it was only New Year - I don't know how those of you who close up in October/November get through winter!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:24

Our site opens this week and our new van ready from Saturday, we will visit with some of the 'stuff' we have bought....

School Half term from 15th Feb, so we will visit with the kids for the first time Sunday 17th, hoping to stay, but it's our first van so no real idea if it will be a mad idea or not, (too cold?) it's only 50 mins from home so can decide on whether to stay or not pretty much on the day.
Old 04-02-2013, 13:57
Supporting Member

Georgiegirl - at this time of year I wouldn't stay (with or without children!) without central heating and electric blankets! With these little luxuries you can get the 'van (and bed!) lovely and cosy, and keep it warm and comfortable ... wouldn't want to try without, but that's a personal view - there are plenty on here who manage perfectly well without central heating.
Old 04-02-2013, 14:29

leccy blanket and some oil filled rads are all you need if you dont have heating. Toasty warm
Old 04-02-2013, 15:01
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen82 View Post
leccy blanket and some oil filled rads are all you need if you dont have heating. Toasty warm
dont forget the hot water bottle
snug as a bug in bed with one of those......

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE