Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 05-09-2013, 20:00

Default I'm not going to my caravan

I can't post under I'm Off or I'm Back so I thought we needed another thread for those of us who just can't get there, much as we would like.
I have a large family reunion this weekend, then I am off to Crete for ten days. Another weekend is taken up with a weekend in Newcastle, where we are seeing Rod Stewart. Other commitments with school run for grandchildren, etc mean we can't visit at all in September. None of our children have asked to use it either during this time, so I keep picturing the van feeling all sad and lonely without us. Does anyone else think that their static has feelings or is it just my crazy notions?

Old 05-09-2013, 20:53

We don't let ours and as we went home last weekend the little girl next door was crying that she wanted to see Sammy ( the hoburne mascot ) and her dad said no you can come back next year we can only afford a long weekend and I felt so guilty that ours was going to be empty all week.

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:36

We are not meant to let our van, only give permision to family and friends. we came back yesterday and with us still working we dont think sept will be a good month for us to get away. but we have had a bbrill summer there. we had a new van this year . a willerby new hampton. love it. and yes when we a hundred miles away we sometimes think of it empty and quite..... not sure about feelings though!! lol
Old 06-09-2013, 08:40

We are having a longer time at home than usual due to helping our son move home and other commitments but as we will be so busy don't think I will miss going to our van. As for feelings well its strange but our little old Arronbrook did seem to have an atmosphere I always felt that the previous owner was there in spirit - thing is she wasn't dead just in a care home. I kept a couple of her ornaments it seemed wrong to get rid of them. As for our current caravan, no vibes or emotion at all its just a caravan which is perfect for us I walk in and love it, it feels wholly ours but no emotional attachment.

P.S something we did notice straight away our little JRT seems a lot more content in the new caravan than the old one its noticeable that she is happier about staying in it, maybe its just that she could smell a dog had been in the old one whereas this one has never had another dog in it - or maybe she felt it still belonged to Doris

Last edited by arronbrook; 06-09-2013 at 08:45.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronbrook View Post
We are having a longer time at home than usual due to helping our son move home and other commitments but as we will be so busy don't think I will miss going to our van. As for feelings well its strange but our little old Arronbrook did seem to have an atmosphere I always felt that the previous owner was there in spirit - thing is she wasn't dead just in a care home. I kept a couple of her ornaments it seemed wrong to get rid of them. As for our current caravan, no vibes or emotion at all its just a caravan which is perfect for us I walk in and love it, it feels wholly ours but no emotional attachment.

P.S something we did notice straight away our little JRT seems a lot more content in the new caravan than the old one its noticeable that she is happier about staying in it, maybe its just that she could smell a dog had been in the old one whereas this one has never had another dog in it - or maybe she felt it still belonged to Doris
When you have No condensation to wipe from the windows etc.etc. and sit with the CH etc. on then the attachment for the old van goes
Back on Topic...We are at the waiting for medical results stage etc.etc. so we have when we will be able to stay Our planned visit to Barmouth will have to be put on hold (Thanks for your help Anj)
Old 06-09-2013, 11:57
Supporting Member

I'm not going this weekend either. Going to the Lawns on Sunday (as long as it's not chucking it down......been there, done that, not very pleasant ).

Got to start a double course of Antibiotics on Monday for a week so probably won't get there next weekend either......I have a terrible reaction to Antibiotics which will keep me in the House and near the Bathroom But I'm determined to finish the course this time.

Having a Party on the 28th for my Son's 30th Birthday, it's actually his Birthday on the 30th but I'm flying out to Majorca that day for a 10 day Holiday........so I'll be lucky if I get there at all this month.

Oh, and I have no sentimental attachment to my van either especially if Hubby said we could have a new one......it would be gone in a shot

ML.
Old 30-09-2013, 22:47

We should have been going to our caravan today to stay for a couple of nights, but after visiting my mum in her nursing home today, we have been warned to prepare for the worst. She is very poorly and they don't think she has any strength left to fight her illness anymore. So my sister and I have shared a bottle of wine and a few tears and we shall see what tomorrow brings.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmo View Post
We should have been going to our caravan today to stay for a couple of nights, but after visiting my mum in her nursing home today, we have been warned to prepare for the worst. She is very poorly and they don't think she has any strength left to fight her illness anymore. So my sister and I have shared a bottle of wine and a few tears and we shall see what tomorrow brings.
Oh dear, how awful for you and your family, my thoughts are with you, i know what you are going through.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:34

Thinking of you Marmo

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:42

Send a message via MSN to Bobsnobs Send a message via Skype™ to Bobsnobs

Oh Marmo my thoughts are with you and your family.