Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Subletting > Request

Request If you are looking to hire a caravan, why not ask our owners?

Old 09-10-2012, 08:07

Default July/August Rental 2013 - Kent area

Hi All - As you probably have read we are coming over from Spain initially with a view to buying a holiday caravan to use during the summer. We were looking at buying and are now also looking at renting for the 2 months of July and August also. This would start in 2013 but if we didn't find a van to purchase or decided to rent instead and if we like the van and area it would be a rental for every year. If anybody has a van which they want to rent out then please let us know. We are two seniors, (house trained!!!!!) non smokers and no pets. We are over in the Kent area around the 18th October just to have a look at sites. Many thanks. Maggie

Old 09-10-2012, 13:31
Retired Member

Hi Maggie,

Hopefully someone will be able to help on here, but you are looking at renting a van out at the most expensive time of year for 2 months. Could end up costing you more than your proposed site fees for the whole year (even if you manage to rent one privately), but I suppose you realise that.

If I hear of anything I will let you know x
Old 09-10-2012, 14:11

Hi MuppetChops - yes I realise it will be expensive but probably as you know we are only wanting to use the van for 2 months a year so it is a bit swings and roundabouts. One upside is from the buying aspect that it is ours but we then have the minus of only using it for a short time and then with the renting we wouldn't have the overheads but yes it would be expensive - it is a bit of a dilemma really and we are just keeping our options open - sure you will understand. Kind regards. Maggie

PS we are coming over to look at many of the sites in Kent next week so hopefully things may become clearer then!!!!!!!!!!! please God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 14:23
Supporting Member

i know when i have hired a static in the past during the summer hols.. it has cost me loads of money...so if you are intending to rent a van for 2 months it may end up in the region of between 3-4000.... depending on where you want...

really do your homework when you come across and see whether it is more economical to buy a van.... you stay in it for the summer and get the site to rent out for you when you are not using it..( you could store your stuff in a decent shed/box outside the van)
my friend has a van on a park holidays site and they have had no problems with the site filling their van...

i think you will have fun looking
once you are over here you could pop on here ( GS) all day long there is bound to be someone on here to help with any immediate questions you may have before you make your mind up

i have just googled park holidays and they have a fair few sites in Kent....

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 09-10-2012, 14:38
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamaria589 View Post
i know when i have hired a static in the past during the summer hols.. it has cost me loads of money...so if you are intending to rent a van for 2 months it may end up in the region of between 3-4000.... depending on where you want...

really do your homework when you come across and see whether it is more economical to buy a van.... you stay in it for the summer and get the site to rent out for you when you are not using it..( you could store your stuff in a decent shed/box outside the van)
my friend has a van on a park holidays site and they have had no problems with the site filling their van...

i think you will have fun looking
once you are over here you could pop on here ( GS) all day long there is bound to be someone on here to help with any immediate questions you may have before you make your mind up

i have just googled park holidays and they have a fair few sites in Kent....
Yes Park Holidays do have a lot of parks in Kent - I am on a Park Holidays site lol

Not sure whether a Park Holidays site is what Maggie is really looking for from what she has said - but I could be wrong.

Also, be aware (as with handing over your van to any of the big companies), your van could be trashed and you will probably find for lots of weeks of the year it is actually costing you more in gas and electricity than you will actually receive in rental income (cheap deals/sun holidays).

Vans are quite expensive on there too and the park will only rent out vans that are under 10 years old - after that you have to rent them out yourself.

Please do your research first Maggie (I know you will) before you decide anything.

Last edited by Retired Member 8; 09-10-2012 at 14:41.
Old 09-10-2012, 15:06
Social Media Boss

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Hi Maggie, here's some contact details, you know what questions to ask

http://www.parkholidays.com/kent-car...tstable-romney

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

My 'New Old Girl'
Old 09-10-2012, 15:19

Hi to everybody - yes you are all giving me some very sound advice which we have taken on board and it is all very much appreciated. I don't think the renting will come to anything and think we will possibly end up buying but we are under no illusion it will not be easy!!!!! but it will hopefully be good fun looking and I have my short (getting longer) list. I have done plenty of research but I think talking to people on the various sites will give me a fair idea of what is good and what isn't. I shall have my netbook with me though and will keep in touch with you all. Many thanks again. Maggie
Old 09-10-2012, 15:26
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie556 View Post
Hi to everybody - yes you are all giving me some very sound advice which we have taken on board and it is all very much appreciated. I don't think the renting will come to anything and think we will possibly end up buying but we are under no illusion it will not be easy!!!!! but it will hopefully be good fun looking and I have my short (getting longer) list. I have done plenty of research but I think talking to people on the various sites will give me a fair idea of what is good and what isn't. I shall have my netbook with me though and will keep in touch with you all. Many thanks again. Maggie
You never know Maggie - you could find your dream park and van when you visit this month - how many parks are on your shortlist now? lol

Last edited by Retired Member 8; 09-10-2012 at 15:31.
Old 09-10-2012, 15:37

To rent ours for 8 weeks would cost around 4500. It would be cheaper to buy one and let it for the rest of the year.

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 09-10-2012, 15:41

Hi Maddy - yep it is a lot of money especially for two pensionistas!!!!!!! Many thanks xxxxx