Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Subletting > Request

Request If you are looking to hire a caravan, why not ask our owners?

Old 27-10-2014, 21:55

Default Static move

Evening all hope you can help. We are looking to relocate our van from skegness to North yorkshire however we are not sure on costs to move and when we try to find ground rents we only get asked to come visit which would be a waste of time
Could you tell me fees for your sites and if you allow bring ons and if you know of any other costs involved

Thanks

Old 27-10-2014, 23:30

to the forum Scaifev.
Good luck with this as I had the same issues last yr when looking for a site in Whitby.
I only found 1 site that would allow bring ons and they charged a 5k fee, plus site fees and siting fees etc.
Have a search on Google as a few of them do have their site fee prices on there - or see if there are any vans on e-bay - they might have said what site fees cost on their advert.
We have our van in Durham but they don't take bring ons so that's no good to you. Good luck with your search
Old 28-10-2014, 08:25

We moved our van two years ago and found the site by using Google Maps - very tedious but by looking at the area you are looking at you can sometimes find sites that way, give them a call and you might strike lucky.

We were charged 1,500 by the new site, then gas check, rerouting of our gas pipe under van (we were piped gas but the bottles were going to sit on the other side of the van), new wooden deck was about 1,200 which was very reasonable and transport costs of 900, disconnection at previous site 350 and sundries like changeover valves, satellite dishes paint for deck etc. it was just over 4,000.

Transport cost will obviously vary due to distance and terrain involved when disconnecting and siting along with "joining fee to compensate the new park for missing out on a sale.

This was in Scotland from the west coast to south Aberdeenshire.

http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii490/bluemax90/
Old 28-10-2014, 09:22

Where in North Yorkshire are you looking at? Its a pretty big place.

Crows Nest Caravan Park, Filey| Jasmine Park, Scarborough|Robin Hood Caravan Park, York
Old 28-10-2014, 19:33
Supporting Member

I think Cayton Bay take bring ons but I suppose you'd have to check.

ML.
Old 12-02-2015, 20:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemax90 View Post
We moved our van two years ago and found the site by using Google Maps - very tedious but by looking at the area you are looking at you can sometimes find sites that way, give them a call and you might strike lucky.

We were charged 1,500 by the new site, then gas check, rerouting of our gas pipe under van (we were piped gas but the bottles were going to sit on the other side of the van), new wooden deck was about 1,200 which was very reasonable and transport costs of 900, disconnection at previous site 350 and sundries like changeover valves, satellite dishes paint for deck etc. it was just over 4,000.

Transport cost will obviously vary due to distance and terrain involved when disconnecting and siting along with "joining fee to compensate the new park for missing out on a sale.

This was in Scotland from the west coast to south Aberdeenshire.
Hi St Cyrus, I'm in Aberdeen but the van is at Ballater, is the site u are on one of the sites leased out by Aberdeenshire Council, our site is now community run and its probably the best outcome for us coming out of this. Does your site have an age rule? heard of a site down your way that has a 7 yr rule!
Old 13-02-2015, 16:29

from North Yorkshire. Where North Yorkshire to you want to be? Our site takes bring ons. I have a transporters number if required. All the best.
Old 13-02-2015, 17:18
Departed Friend

being an old post,i wonder if they ever moved.
Old 19-04-2015, 10:31

Default Scottish sites??

Hi everybody! Yes I'm a lurker! I often come and have a read without commenting....

However, today I have a question....does anyone know of parks in South West Scotland that are allowing bring ons? Ours is 16 years old but the site fees are a killer! I'm just trying to find out if there are any alternate sites with more affordable fees that would let us take our van. Views are amazing on our park and we love it but a different park is a better alternative than having to sell it off site and not having it at all!.......
Old 19-04-2015, 12:09

With regards to not telling you the site fee's unless you visit I would say you don't want to waste their time or yours if its not within your budget.