Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Shopping

Shopping Are you after a bargain and want advice or have you just bought something for your caravan? Share your bargains with the community. STATIC CARAVAN RELATED PRODUCTS ONLY

Old 04-11-2014, 11:08

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRob View Post
We never seem to have any problem with condensation in our caravan so this is not something I will be buying as I don't need it, but as quite a few people have mentioned that condensation is a problem for them, you may be interested in todays deal from Amazon. Its a De'Longhi humidifier at 40% off usual price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/deals/ref...71_pe_button//

This looks a good compact dehumidifier, the only thing that troubles me is that I can't see any mentionof an 'auto cut-off' feature. (unless I've missed it!)
If you use it for drying clothes it could overflow, or if you were to leave it on accidentally when you went home (as a member once did )
It may have this feature as standard, but I would certainly want to find out.
Good find RRRob

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1

Last edited by Angela M; 04-11-2014 at 11:10. Reason: typo

Old 04-11-2014, 12:52

YES IT DOES ANGELA. One of the other menu lights turns on when the water collection bucket is full and yes, the DEM10 does stop dehumidifying automatically when the bucket is full, so there isn’t a risk of overflows. The final light simply illuminates when the unit is switched on. The water collection bucket is totally clear and with it being on the front of the machine only requires a quick glance to view the current water level. The bucket has a 2-litre capacity, which is standard for this size and power of machine. There’s an auto-drain ability if there’s a sink nearby, with the valve for the pipe being on the back of the machine.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:55

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Quote:
YES IT DOES ANGELA. One of the other menu lights turns on when the water collection bucket is full and yes, the DEM10 does stop dehumidifying automatically when the bucket is full, so there isnít a risk of overflows. The final light simply illuminates when the unit is switched on. The water collection bucket is totally clear and with it being on the front of the machine only requires a quick glance to view the current water level. The bucket has a 2-litre capacity, which is standard for this size and power of machine. Thereís an auto-drain ability if thereís a sink nearby, with the valve for the pipe being on the back of the machine.
That's good then, I thought I'd mention it for anyone considering buying any dehumidifier not just this one.
Thanks for the info Rrrob

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 21-11-2014, 20:32

Thanks guys for this thread- have found the info really useful
Old 16-02-2015, 08:16

Todays bargain is a cracker! 3 of the high powered versions of the Mr Beams LED security lights in a pack for a great price!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DS1H81...rd_p=573932247
Old 16-02-2015, 17:47

Quote:
Todays bargain is a cracker! 3 of the high powered versions of the Mr Beams LED security lights in a pack for a great price!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DS1H81...rd_p=573932247
Now that's what you call Sod's law. I literally just received the one I ordered for £27
Old 16-02-2015, 18:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy52 View Post
Now that's what you call Sod's law. I literally just received the one I ordered for £27
From Amazon? You have a 28 day no quibble return. Order the pack of 3 at todays deal & send the other one back. I have done it before & there are n o qualms at all. Thats the good thing about Amazon. It does not have to be broken or anything, just say you changed your mind or I think one of the options is you found a better deal.
Old 31-03-2017, 16:43

Didn't want to recarpet the caravan so decided on a large (6' x 9') mat with a matching runner. I've got to recommend "irugs.co.uk". Despite the name they are shipped from North Carolina, we received ours today after ordering on Wednesday. They are far cheaper than anything I've seen on other sites, even before their sale. Quality seems good too. Look at their "clearance" section for best bargains.

Last edited by KeithJ; 31-03-2017 at 16:52. Reason: Changed size