Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 29-03-2018, 21:29

Default Gas fire

Hi. Got to my caravan about 6pm this evening. Put gas fire on but doesnít seem to be giving off as much heat as it usually does. Could there be a simple reason for this. Iíve got an oil filled radiator on in the bedroom & thatís really warm. Any ideas welcomed. Thank you xx

Old 29-03-2018, 21:48

If the fire is lit and giving off some heat then there are very few things that could be wrong, possibly a problem with the temp control , assuming it has a turntable temp control or more likely if you run it off a gas bottle this could be about to run out, as the pressure in the bottle drops away the intensity of the fire will reduce.. probably not much help to you but worth checking the bottle if you have one.
Old 29-03-2018, 22:29

Might just need a service..
Old 29-03-2018, 22:49

Thank you Abi & treetopper. The gas was only serviced in July last year. I did wander if it might be the gas bottle running low although 2 new big bottles were given to me at the same time & I haven’t used much gas. Well I didn’t think I had lol. I’ll have a look in the morning. Thanks for the advice. Very much appreciated xx
Old 30-03-2018, 10:32

I had similar problem with the gas fire in ours which is only used occasionally. It doesn't have a series of numbers - just High, Low and on/off. Discovered eventually I had to push knob in and turn it to ignite on low, and then back again do same again to turn to full. Very fiddly and usually end up going through it a few times to get what I want.
Old 30-03-2018, 12:45

Thanks bluebells. I got up this morning & it’s working fine. Lots of heat. Not sure what’s going on, just glad it’s lovely & warm xx
Old 30-03-2018, 22:11

We had same problem. Checked gas bottle & found it nearly full. Problem was water had got into the regulator. Replaced with new & now keep regulator covered with plastic bag. Sometimes fire would be normal, sometimes barely lit & rather scarilly it sometimes lit up like a flame thrower & sounded more like a jet engine than a gas fire!
Old 30-03-2018, 22:45

That must have been scary RRRob. I have a feeling I may not have put it on the highest setting. I kept turning the knob but maybe I was just tired & hadn’t turned it far enough. I’ll keep an eye on it anyway just in case. Where the gas bottles are a lot of water has collected & also some guttering has come off so might be worth covering it up. Thank you very much for the advice xx