Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 11-04-2018, 15:40

Default Algae cleaner

Hi all

I desperately need to clean the roof of my caravan. It sits under trees and since we opened up this season I have noticed how grubby the roof has become over the winter. Can any of you knowledgeable folk recommend a good cleaner to make my roof sparkly again? Thank you!

Old 11-04-2018, 20:42
Supporting Member

Yes.
Suggest you spray with Wet n Forget, which you can buy online direct ( around 32 ) or from Costco for approx. 20.
It kills off algae etc. On masonry, timber decking and most surfaces. It’s clever stuff !!
Old 11-04-2018, 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbread View Post
Hi all

I desperately need to clean the roof of my caravan. It sits under trees and since we opened up this season I have noticed how grubby the roof has become over the winter. Can any of you knowledgeable folk recommend a good cleaner to make my roof sparkly again? Thank you!
I had algi under my van on the concrete standing and found the best thing was supermarkets own brand toilet cleaner about 27 pence a bottle !.?...Not sure how it would work on a caravan though ?
Old 12-04-2018, 06:55

wet and forget from costco or equivelant is what you need i sprayed my decking last year with this and was a bit aprehensive it would do the job but the decking is green free also done my patio dwarf wall at home again great looking after twelve months, you dont need to be a Costco member to buy on line and have it delivered neither.
Old 12-04-2018, 15:24
Supporting Member

Hi, this wet and forget stuff usually comes into aldi stores around about this time of year, it works really well. I sprayed my decking and paths with it last year and the algae disappeared only starting to show signs of returning now I actually bought mine two years ago, used it twice and have enough left for this year. It's made by Doff it was 1-99 for two litres. It dilutes 4:1 with water.
Littlefb
Old 13-04-2018, 00:12

My hubby picked up a bottle of Caravan Cleaner from Aldi this evening, it does say on it that it is for algae too - I'm hoping it will clear it off our decking.
Old 13-04-2018, 09:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanUK1 View Post
My hubby picked up a bottle of Caravan Cleaner from Aldi this evening, it does say on it that it is for algae too - I'm hoping it will clear it off our decking.
I also bought some caravan cleaner from Aldi. I haven't had time to use it yet but I will before I go home in May.

I also bought some Algae remover and some Osmo decking oil. Looks like I'm going to be busy.
Old 13-04-2018, 19:43

Thank you everyone, you're always so knowledgable and helpful 😊
Old 14-04-2018, 17:46

I’d thoroughly recommend Wet and Forget too. Used it today on parts of the static and on surrounding hardstanding. Works within a few weeks, but can already see a difference. Rain actually enhances the effect after a day or so and no smell at all (unlike Jeyes Fluid!). Also available via Amazon with free delivery.
Old 14-04-2018, 18:25

I too have had great success using Wet&Forget on the paving slabs at the house. Don’t know why I’ve never thought of using it on the caravan decking, doh. It might stop me having to get the power washer out so often. We have friends who keep going on about how good Crikey Mikey is but I haven’t tried that yet.