Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 21-07-2018, 12:55

Post Hagans leisure sites

Hi all. While searching for our perfect holiday home my partner and I came across Hagans Leisure parks. We went to see the Beacon fell view park and really liked it. We found the sales tactics by the sales manger a bit heavy so we ended up pulling out of a potential buy. We still want to get something on the site but I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with Hagans they would like to share?
Thanks.

Old 22-07-2018, 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopton84 View Post
Hi all. While searching for our perfect holiday home my partner and I came across Hagans Leisure parks. We went to see the Beacon fell view park and really liked it. We found the sales tactics by the sales manger a bit heavy so we ended up pulling out of a potential buy. We still want to get something on the site but I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with Hagans they would like to share?
Thanks.
Before we picked our park and our van, I contacted that park for a price on a van they had for sale. It was 12 months old. The same van but the newer years model with extras was cheaper from another park. Obviously, I shelved that offer rather quickly. My advice is to see if you can find a private park that you like. I feel that you would be better served if you looked at private parks. Of course, they are not all the same so it comes back to doing your homework. First online and then visiting your short list of parks.
Old 22-07-2018, 18:13

Hello Horton ,
I canít help you with Hagans , but I just had a look at their website and the price of the vans looks reasonable to my untrained eye. If you go back get all promises in writing , know how long you can keep the van for , search this forum for plenty of pitfalls to look out for.
Good luck.
Old 23-07-2018, 16:14

Default Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement and wise words. I'm off out tomorrow to scout out some more parks in the Ribble Valley.
Old 24-07-2018, 10:17

There was a decent park in the Ribble Valley that was sold to a large company. Fees increased and the van prices went up. I can't remember the name off hand, but it was one I was seriously looking at.

On reflection, the R.V. wouldn't have been right for us as we needed to be able to travel to Lancaster most days. The time difference between where we are at Pilling to Lancaster and the R.V. to Lancaster was too great. It just shows, you have to take everything into account, otherwise, it can be a costly mistake.