Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 29-08-2008, 15:34

Default New owner help needed

I dont know if anyone can help me. I bought a brand new static about 4 weeks ago. At the time of looking I impressed on the people selling that I had to have a quiet pitch as I had recently been very ill. I said that I liked the site and the caravan but the pitches available were not right. I ended up with a pitch with a wonderful view which was my main objective. However it was a newly made pitch right next to what looked like a car park. I was assured (as was my brother in law) that it was for staff only and not used very often. At the time it was very quiet.

Since I became the owner it has been a nightmare. The car park is gravel and the noise of all the cars parking and leaving at all times of day and nite is horrendous.

The people in charge at the park will move me but I will not have a view at all. I would not have bought a van there if I thought that would be the case. They will not do anything else to help. I paid 39,000 for the caravan and if I sell I will lose money as I can only sell through them. I am unable to sleep so that I am now coming home for a rest.

Any advice please

Last edited by carol-ann; 29-08-2008 at 15:35. Reason: forgot something

Old 29-08-2008, 15:38
Administrator

Hi Carol,

I'm sorry to hear of your problems. Unfortnatly you may not have too many options. Did you get any of the answers the sales staff gave in writing? That will make things alot easier.

Is there a possibility of you seeing out this season and then moving to a plot with a view over winter, there are always vans moving off.

What has the park offered as a compromise? Anything?

Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Old 29-08-2008, 17:17

Hi Darren

Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately no I didnt get this in writing. I thought having my brother-in-law as a witness would be enough. The only compromise I can have is to move to a pitch with no view and I will have to pay for the move as well.

I think I will have to see out the rest of the season and then possibly sell it. I am so fed up as I bought it with the money my mum left me last year and I absolutely love the caravan. I wanted to spend a lot of time there but I cant bear to go noe. In fact I should be there now but with my illness I need a lot of sleep so I cannot afford to go too often now as I still have to work.

Thanks again. They must have seen me coming.
Old 29-08-2008, 17:34
Administrator

Have you checked your sites code of practice, is there anytrhing in there about moving your van. Hopefully the park will have slipped up

Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Old 29-08-2008, 18:04

Hi again

I only have a sale and siting conditions which does not mention moving caravans only sale, giving up pitch etc. I cant sell it privately unless I take it off site and I have to give 2 months notice.