Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Office > GoStatic Feedback

GoStatic Feedback Post any comments or questions about GoStatic.co.uk here

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 18:22

[QUOTE=treetopper;164316]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
It's not banners...its a bottom of forum ..Google pop up ads....eg ppi ,roof repair essex
And this worries you?

I see ads occasionally between posts, and at the bottom of pages, and it worries me not at all. I just ignore them.

Henry

Old 03-10-2016, 18:47

[QUOTE=the batman;164326]
Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post

And this worries you?

I see ads occasionally between posts, and at the bottom of pages, and it worries me not at all. I just ignore them.

Henry
Sorry I thought Darren wanted feedback...
Old 04-10-2016, 16:43

Have you thought about Google adblock. It's free and it works. I was fed up as I had ads on every address I visited.

Give it a try.
Old 04-10-2016, 20:16

Mind you, there is another side to the adblock idea. Say if the ads on this forum paid the running costs or went towards the running costs? If you use an adblocker, that might be an issue?
I am thinking of the fact that I have not bought a real newspaper for years but I read The Guardian, The Independent, Huffington Post, The Mirror, The Sun & the Mail every day for free. The payback is the ads. I dont use an adblocker because if everyone did that, one of the biggest revenue streams for the internet would go. Nobody provides stuff as a social service, it has to be paid for somehow. Either by adverts, or by subscription. All the news papers I read are free, you note I dont have any subscription papers in my list. I dont suppose a simple forum would have adblock discovery software but the online papers do & they are not slow in telling you off for using one either.
Old 05-10-2016, 16:39

My problem was entirely different when for example I clicked on new posts I was taken to an entirely different site. However it does seem the problem was my end funnily we have done nothing and it has stopped but I was concerned and messaged Darren

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 06-10-2016, 14:12

I don't get any ads at all, whether it's between posts or at the bottom of the forum. Perhaps that is one of the perks of being a supporting member?
Old 06-10-2016, 15:27
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
Have you thought about Google adblock. It's free and it works. I was fed up as I had ads on every address I visited.

Give it a try.
I know a lot of people use it but adblocks at one of the worse thing sin my opinion there is- if websites such as this don't show ads we wont be there. If everybody used one it would simply lead to website having to either use rogue practises or for them to charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
My problem was entirely different when for example I clicked on new posts I was taken to an entirely different site. However it does seem the problem was my end funnily we have done nothing and it has stopped but I was concerned and messaged Darren
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianda24 View Post
I don't get any ads at all, whether it's between posts or at the bottom of the forum. Perhaps that is one of the perks of being a supporting member?
Yup supporting members get no ads (expect posts in the advertise your services section) and help keep the forum going. A huge thank you to you all

Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Old 06-10-2016, 15:28
Administrator

[QUOTE=treetopper;164328]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the batman View Post

Sorry I thought Darren wanted feedback...
Always appreciated and I don't think anybody is saying differently.

That isn't a pop up you are seeing it is a banner.

Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Old 07-10-2016, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
I know a lot of people use it but adblocks at one of the worse thing sin my opinion there is- if websites such as this don't show ads we wont be there. If everybody used one it would simply lead to website having to either use rogue practises or for them to charge.

Yup supporting members get no ads (expect posts in the advertise your services section) and help keep the forum going. A huge thank you to you all
I'm sorry if I have upset members of the forum. I would just like to point out that I actioned adblock when I stated to get pop ups on everything I opened. To say it was distracting was an understatement. For me it was ruining my online experience.

I wasn't aware there were ads on the forum and I actioned adblock well before I became a member after receiving advice from my son. It was not put in place for the reasons of blocking ads on this site.

As I am technically challenged, if a member could explain in detail if and how I could allow ads to appear on this site without opening up the flood gates on every other site I open, I would be willing to take that advice.
Old 07-10-2016, 13:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
I'm sorry if I have upset members of the forum.
I don't think you offended anybody & I think the people who use this forum are open to everyones ideas & would not take offence lightly. I can understand your point if you are getting bombarded with adverts on all the sites you visit. After your post, I downloaded the Google Chrome app for adblock to have a look at it & noticed you can be selective in your blocking. You can allow adverts on the sites you want them to appear & block them from sites which are OTT. In the end though, its your choice and nobody elses business so dont worry about it. If you have a low signal to your phone or maybe when your site WiFi is heavily used, I can see where it may be useful but I have not needed it myself. Not sure why you get so many adverts when I don't so I cant help you with that I am afraid but maybe others have ideas why that may be.
Closed Thread