Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:53

Default First time buyer

Hi All

We are looking for a site that isn't to far away so that I can go straight to the caravan from having Chmotherapy . We like Fleetwood , we have been to Cala Gran to look around but the site fees are ridiculously expensive . We have two small dogs so the site as to be dog friendly . We are not that bothered about a club or entertainment but I want the park to be relaxing .

Any ideas please !?

Hope x

Old 11-04-2016, 10:16
Departed Friend

hope you find what you are looking for
Old 11-04-2016, 11:19
Supporting Member

I'm sure you will get a few ideas and thoughts on here.
All the best with the hunt.
Old 11-04-2016, 13:23

Hi there........I live not far from Fleetwood and to be honest Cala Gran is and always has been expensive. There are a couple of sites in and around Thornton/Poulton, Partington's and Flints are two but I don't know if they take dogs. If you cross the Shard Bridge and go "over-wyre" you have an even better choice. I suggest a good idea may be to spend a day over-wyre and visit as many of the sites as you can. I've never heard anything bad about any of them but they are too close to my home to make them appear a holiday/break, at least to me.

Partington's by the way are part of a group but they are family run and they do (as far as I am aware) employ salespeople to sell the vans......similar to Cala Gran.

Good luck......you've chosen a really nice part of the world.
Old 11-04-2016, 14:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Hi All

We are looking for a site that isn't to far away so that I can go straight to the caravan from having Chmotherapy . We like Fleetwood , we have been to Cala Gran to look around but the site fees are ridiculously expensive . We have two small dogs so the site as to be dog friendly . We are not that bothered about a club or entertainment but I want the park to be relaxing .

Any ideas please !?

Hope x
Hi Hope there are a few sites in the district of Wyre Borough. Pilling , Litttle Eccleston, Great Eccleston and possibly more. they are all fairly close to Fleetwood but not actually at Fleetwood but the fees will probably be less. Some take pets and other don't so you will need to check. The site we are going on is no pets allowed so unfortunately that wouldn't be of interest to you.

I hope that this is of some use to you.

Last edited by Mosquito; 11-04-2016 at 14:57.
Old 11-04-2016, 16:49

Good luck with your search, sorry I can't help with that area. Hope that your treatment goes well for you.xx
Old 11-04-2016, 19:25

Where about do you live and how far do you want to travel, oh sorry and welcome to the site.
Old 11-04-2016, 19:39
Supporting Member

hiya
I used to have a van on windy harbour,( poulton-le-fylde) this was a partingtons site..
dogs were allowed on site, the site fees were just under 3000 per year and the site was open march - November..
I don't know whether this is still the case though.
it is a big site, with a family club, and also an adults only club, ( big money bingo and entertainment)
the entertainment only used to be open at the weekends, which was fine for us, but if there are families with little ones, there wasn't much to do in the week..
depends what you want.

I would suggest having a look around a few sites and when you really like the look of one, book a weekend in a van and get the feel of the site...
xx

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE

Last edited by Tiamaria589; 11-04-2016 at 20:36.
Old 11-04-2016, 21:32

Thank you so much for all the suggestions!!
We went to visit Windy Harbour last weekend tiamaria and I liked it but the site fees was in the 3700 to 3900 .
I have made a list of the suggestions and we are going to book a long weekend and visit some of the sites suggested .

Hope x
Old 12-04-2016, 19:06
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Thank you so much for all the suggestions!!
We went to visit Windy Harbour last weekend tiamaria and I liked it but the site fees was in the 3700 to 3900 .
I have made a list of the suggestions and we are going to book a long weekend and visit some of the sites suggested .

Hope x
blimey!! that's a huge increase... I know we paid less if you paid before a certain date... but those site fees have gone up since I was on there.
we actually love the area around Blackpool, Cleveleys, Poulton,garstang etc... there is so much to see/do.
Windy harbour isn't very scenic and there are no walks near it unless you want to walk along the main road...

the site in pilling looks lovely but they don't allow dogs which is a shame
x

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE