Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 12-03-2019, 19:42

I think on site shops are finished like many small town shops. They just can't compete with the buying power, the prices and the range of available stock that the big supermarkets can do. With the advent of home deliveries many people are bypassing the on site shop or even the local village or closest town shopping. At only £30 for a 12 month delivery pass, they deliver right to your caravan or home & even carry the shopping in for you, Plus you save a fortune on petrol/diesel too!

Old 13-03-2019, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRob View Post
I think on site shops are finished like many small town shops. They just can't compete with the buying power, the prices and the range of available stock that the big supermarkets can do. With the advent of home deliveries many people are bypassing the on site shop or even the local village or closest town shopping. At only £30 for a 12 month delivery pass, they deliver right to your caravan or home & even carry the shopping in for you, Plus you save a fortune on petrol/diesel too!
£30......to the site ? To get a delivery ! A bit steep ?.....I would be meeting the delivery driver at the gates and saving myself £30..
Old 13-03-2019, 10:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.R View Post
£30......to the site ? To get a delivery ! A bit steep ?.....I would be meeting the delivery driver at the gates and saving myself £30..

Thats £30 PER YEAR one off payment for as many deliveries you like while the pass is valid. :-) The nearest town is a 30 mile round trip from our site so thats 58p a week for the delivery versus about 6 quid petrol to go into town. BARGAIN!

Last edited by RRRob; 13-03-2019 at 10:27.
Old 16-03-2019, 10:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRob View Post
Thats £30 PER YEAR one off payment for as many deliveries you like while the pass is valid. :-) The nearest town is a 30 mile round trip from our site so thats 58p a week for the delivery versus about 6 quid petrol to go into town. BARGAIN!
Sorry Rob I wasn't having a go at you !....It just never ceases to amaze me on just what depths some site owners will go to to squeeze an extra few quit out it's loyal and faithful customers ?
Old 16-03-2019, 12:41

Peter , I think the £30 is paid to the supermarket doing the delivery not the site owner
Old 17-03-2019, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by slattster View Post
Peter , I think the £30 is paid to the supermarket doing the delivery not the site owner
I stand corrected.its just ..I used to work for a company ( can't say...Advertising ?) But we delivered groceries for free...As we said in our adverts !
Old 17-03-2019, 13:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.R View Post
I stand corrected.its just ..I used to work for a company ( can't say...Advertising ?) But we delivered groceries for free...As we said in our adverts !
Maybe Rob s £30 deal may not have a minimum spend .
Old 17-03-2019, 15:31

Our site doesn't have a shop but does have a vending machine . There is a garage 2.5 miles down the road that sells everything you may need . In town we have Tesco, sainsbury's & morrisons. Tesco home delivery deliver direct to your caravan for nothing more than the normal delivery charge for on line shopping. Loads on our site use this method. Friday evening Tesco vans are flying in and out of the park.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/y...dy/caravan.jpg
Old Yesterday, 13:43
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
Maybe Rob s £30 deal may not have a minimum spend .
I think in my case the one-off yearly delivery charge would be good value
Both in the fuel saving and most defiantly th impulse spending off list ooooops would save me a fortune

However in previous attempts at online shopping I found that everything was out of date or use by date was only 3 days
So you had to either eat canned goods at theendof the week or shop 2 x a week
I like shopping and collecting menu contents etc
Soo am happy to shop
And make sure the dated items can stretch to fill the week
Old Yesterday, 14:39
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionblue22 View Post
I think in my case the one-off yearly delivery charge would be good value
Both in the fuel saving and most defiantly th impulse spending off list ooooops would save me a fortune

However in previous attempts at online shopping I found that everything was out of date or use by date was only 3 days
So you had to either eat canned goods at theendof the week or shop 2 x a week
I like shopping and collecting menu contents etc
Soo am happy to shop
And make sure the dated items can stretch to fill the week

As for the site shop, I hope they stay, it is a great source of teaching kids independance, a meeting place for them as well to meet up with friends made on site, always handy for bread milk and papers
They are part and parcel of a proper holiday site
Though our chosen park does not have a shop or club or pool buy itís only 45 vans and 15 or so touring pitches but outlast site hadnít all but the 4 children were with us
Now itís just the 2 of us and 2 dogs so quiet site no facilities jus small friendly everybody knows one another, talk to all but some more than others