Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Technical Issues

Technical Issues A place to ask and/or give advice on technical issues

Old 10-03-2019, 19:48

Default Anybody had a side panel replaced ?

Hello All, seeking some info, ABI have managed to damage the aliminium outer wall on the caravan doing what should have been a simple warranty repair, they managed to do some minor damage on one side of the entrance door , they have held their hands up (fair I suppose) and are offering to replace the entire section of side panel.

Anybody had a side panel replaced after storm or other damage, was it competed without issue and looking good as from the factory ? my fear is they cause more harm than has been done already, an experiences you can share would be much appreciated.

Old 11-03-2019, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABI1000 View Post
Hello All, seeking some info, ABI have managed to damage the aliminium outer wall on the caravan doing what should have been a simple warranty repair, they managed to do some minor damage on one side of the entrance door , they have held their hands up (fair I suppose) and are offering to replace the entire section of side panel.

Anybody had a side panel replaced after storm or other damage, was it competed without issue and looking good as from the factory ? my fear is they cause more harm than has been done already, an experiences you can share would be much appreciated.
Very sorry to hear of this incident you must be so annoyed ?.....I've not had the misfortune of my caravan being damaged like this ( touching wood )....But have had cars bumped and damaged etc. I don't know if it's just psychological or just me perhaps ?....But once repaired they NEVER feel right somehow ?.....

Or is it just me ?
Old 11-03-2019, 19:16

One behind us got hit by a crane. They came out took the entire side off and all the insulation and put new on. We would never have known if we hadn't watched

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:01

I have seen Willerby fitters replacing half the side of a new van that was damaged whilst being positioned on our site. It's exactly as new.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:29

we had a front panel on our replaced a few years ago after a campervan hit it. Was done by insurance company. Never had a problem with it.
Old 14-03-2019, 21:37

Thanks for the replies, I guess I have to leave ABI to do their work. (So far anything they have done has been to a terrible standard so time to stand and watch for this one)
Old 15-03-2019, 16:37
Supporting Member

A neighbour on our park bought a new Willerby Sheraton last year. It arrived with ripples in the panels along one side. Willerby removed and replaced on site. You wouldn’t know they had been.
Yet another new Willerby on park last year with interior damage due to leaks from window and side panel. Whole side inc. windows stripped out, resealed and replaced. Again, you couldn’t tell it had been done.
It would be annoying nevertheless !!