Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 08:13

Default Food for thought

Well ,I dont know what anyone else here thinks , but I reckon the wonderful British "justice " (LOL) system has fallen down again in the sentencing of this unspeakable individual Philpott . He should have been given life WITHOUT parole option , and the others the same for that matter . In my view they all needed executing , but of course the "bleeding hearts" and do-gooders put paid to that option years ago .
Makes you proud to be British eh?? .
My thoughts are weighed heavily in thinking what those six youngsters must have gone through , I can't begin to imagine their terror as they died .

Something badly wrong in our society somewhere .
Mike R .

Old 05-04-2013, 10:11

The trouble with execution is that its so final! In this case I think we can be pretty sure the judge & jury came to the right judgement. Personally I think the judgement was right but the sentencing wrong. Life should mean life and nothing less. There are many cases in the past where people have been wrongly convicted & executed only to be found later that a miscarriage of justice has been done. they usually end up with a posthumous pardon but that's no use to them is it? So although there are some cases like this who almost every right minded person would say that the death penalty could be justified, the fact that we can never be 100% certain even with todays DNA methods, means execution should never be an option. These people will now cost the taxpayer approx 40,000 a year in prison costs so in the case of lifers who have committed this sort of crime, they should be made to work hard in prison to cover their own costs. Luxury items such only be allowed if their work brings in more than it costs to keep them in prison. Subsistence food only enough to keep them alive, no matress, no TV, no radio, no books. Basic cells should be just that. If they cover their costs by working then any extra should be given to them so they could buy decent food, maybe a TV or whatever, but only after they have paid their way as far as the cost to keep them locked up are concerned.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:13
Administrator

Hi,

A static caravan forum is not really the place for this type of discussion.

Closed and pm'd

Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Closed Thread