Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 15-02-2016, 19:31

Default 2004 BK Bluebird Senator

Hi everyone I'm after a bit of advice if anyone can help me here, does anyone know what the average price for one of these homes, it is sited with side decking and it has double glazing and central heating... thank you.

Old 15-02-2016, 21:25
Departed Friend

it depends on size of park/ameneties on park/park location...............and who owns the park.prices can have wide variations.
Old 16-02-2016, 10:37

Thanks Mick.. it's on a PR site 300+ vans, full amenities, bar/pool.restaurant etc..
Old 16-02-2016, 11:18
Departed Friend

p/r will ask really top dollar,i,m on one of their parks and when they sold my old cosalt,which was like new inside,but was 17 years old, they sold it for 15,000.
Old 16-02-2016, 15:08

Just got off the phone and they wanted 34k for it... after a bit of banter with the sales rep who we get on really well with, I offered 15k and our van... and BOOM!! We now have a new van! Excited just isn't the word :-)
Old 16-02-2016, 16:10

Just shows what you can do by negotiating.
Old 16-02-2016, 17:49

Exactly Mos, my mam used to say 'shy bairns get nowt'.. if you don't ask, you don't get! It's something I've always done and most of the time it pays dividends.
I know PR have their mark up, but to knock 10k off the price was a 'feelgood moment' for me, and I have no doubt they will still be making a good profit.
Now it's time to start to empty our van, put a few things back to how they were when we bought it and hopefully move in next week once the pat test & gas tests have been completed.

Last edited by AndyRVTR; 16-02-2016 at 19:43.
Old 16-02-2016, 19:40

If you don't ask you don't get!
Old 17-02-2016, 11:59

Hi Andy. Glad you manged to get your 'new' van for a price you are pleased with. I've been following the refurbishment of your Cosalt van with interest, was there a problem with it in the end, or did you just decide to go with a better specification? Anyway you'll be in your new van in time for the nice weather.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/He...deshow/?sort=4
Old 17-02-2016, 21:15

Hi Heather.. to be perfectly honest there have been a few issues that have cropped up lately, the main one being that two of the DG windows have been letting in water. One was leaking in the living room causing minimal damage and one in the small bedroom where water somehow came through at the bottom of the window through to the inside wall and run down the panel soaking the mattress, bedding as well as the carpet and flooring.

This first happened a few weeks ago and I tried my best to reseal the foam seals with sealant on the outside but it has happened again just last week, so I was proper miffed. Then on top of that the laminate flooring that had been put down needed changing as there has been a leak on the floor at some point, the carpets in the bedroom all needed replacing as they were very grubby and just thrown down by one of the previous owners.
The seating was rock hard and totally uncomfortable and needed reupholstering, plus the Mrs wanted a decking fitting too. The cooker needed replacing as it was the original one (17yr old) and has seen way better days, plus there is no heating and the van has been freezing lately.

Add all this to the ground being totally boggy due to the horrendous weather we've had over the past few months we had a good talk and decided our best option was to upgrade, which has always been the plan, just it's happened sooner than we thought!
To get the van to how we wanted would have cost in the region of 8-10k, the deck we wanted was 6.5k, the reupholstering was going to be 1.2k and the other things would have taken it close if not over 10k, so it was a no brainer to upgrade really.

Anyway, we've now got the static of our dreams and are well happy with it, hopefully we will be getting the keys this weekend instead of next week... pics to follow...

Last edited by AndyRVTR; 19-02-2016 at 08:21.