Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan Wanted

Static Caravan Wanted Are you looking to buy a satic caravan? Why not tell us?

Old 25-09-2018, 09:34

You should decide on a specific area not too far from home. Perhaps 1 hour or two at the most. You would probably get fed up of traveling too far if you chose a park much further away. I confess I haven't read all the previous post so if anyone else has offered this advice, I apologize.

We did use the internet initially and then visited the sites that were on our short list. Don't forget to talk to other van owners to find out what the park owners are like and get a feel for the area.

Good luck.

Old 25-09-2018, 22:46
Supporting Member

By all means use the internet to look for sites, but be aware many sites that would fit your requirements probably do not have websites. There is a likelihood that as far as the internet is concerned they do not exist.
If you were looking in Yorks, I would say come and look at the site we have just moved our van to, as you described it to a tee in your original post. We were asked by the man who moved the van for us “ How did you find out about this site, nobody knows it’s here?”
I hope you find somewhere that suits you, it may take a little time, but it should be worth it when you do.
Old 26-09-2018, 07:23

I found mine by using http://www.myholidaycaravan.co.uk/uk-sites/essex/

It shows the sites on a map and by selecting them you can see what's for sale, split between private and trade. Once you've found a site you like the look of then it's time for leg work. The site may have others for sale which don't appear in the listing, and I'm sure not every site is listed which is true in our case.

we found a private sale which we ultimately rejected but discovered the site owner had other sites which led us to where we are today.

Last edited by oscarsmate; 26-09-2018 at 07:26.
Old 26-09-2018, 08:40

By the way, We seem to have forgotten to welcome you to the forum. So, to the forum. I hope that you enjoy your time on-line exchanging your views with other members.
Old 29-09-2018, 08:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarsmate View Post
I found mine by using http://www.myholidaycaravan.co.uk/uk-sites/essex/

It shows the sites on a map and by selecting them you can see what's for sale, split between private and trade. Once you've found a site you like the look of then it's time for leg work. The site may have others for sale which don't appear in the listing, and I'm sure not every site is listed which is true in our case.

we found a private sale which we ultimately rejected but discovered the site owner had other sites which led us to where we are today.
Thank you Oscarsmate. I'll look that website up.
Old 29-09-2018, 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
By the way, We seem to have forgotten to welcome you to the forum. So, to the forum. I hope that you enjoy your time on-line exchanging your views with other members.
Thank you Mosquito. I'm finding these replies so helpful and really appreciate the support of this forum. I'm raring to get started with my own caravan even more now!
Old 29-09-2018, 09:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
By all means use the internet to look for sites, but be aware many sites that would fit your requirements probably do not have websites. There is a likelihood that as far as the internet is concerned they do not exist.
If you were looking in Yorks, I would say come and look at the site we have just moved our van to, as you described it to a tee in your original post. We were asked by the man who moved the van for us “ How did you find out about this site, nobody knows it’s here?”
I hope you find somewhere that suits you, it may take a little time, but it should be worth it when you do.
Hello and thank you David E. Funnily enough I have just learnt that I might not find all sites on the internet as I was working in Essex, which is one of the places I'm thinking about and asked a few people if they knew of any small sites and I'd found none of the ones they'd heard of. It's encouraging that there are sites as I describe, that's a relief and I'm glad you found one like that for you. I'll keep hoping.....
Old 29-09-2018, 09:13

Hello Bluebells. I really appreciate your advice and hearing about your experience. I'm also somewhat "time poor" as I work ridiculous hours (one of the reasons I'm seeking peace, quiet and the ease of my own caravan) and it's difficult to know how I will find time to visit lots of sites. However, whilst it was encouraging to hear that you found the right site pretty quickly after an intensive online and phone investigation, I also accept that it may well take me longer. (Good point about this perhaps not being the best time too). I just hope I can keep motivated as I'd really far prefer to do as you have done! Thank you.
Old 29-09-2018, 09:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisie and Mr B View Post
Oh daft me. Should have reread your original enquiry about areas. Ignore the info about dealers above as relates to Wales, Shropshire etc. However the dealers in the areas that you are interested in should offer a similar service.
Hello again Maisie and Mr B. Please don't apologise. It's good advice to talk to a caravan dealer. I hadn't thought about that. Taking notes is spot on too! Thank you.
Old 29-09-2018, 09:19
Social Media Boss

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Hi, there's some advice and tips here too if you're buying a static caravan especially a used one. Good luck!

http://www.gostatic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4201

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

My 'New Old Girl'