Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

 

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan Wanted

Static Caravan Wanted Are you looking to buy a satic caravan? Why not tell us?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 25-09-2018, 09:34
Mosquito Mosquito is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Fold House Park, Pilling , Lancashire.
Posts: 1,412
Default

You should decide on a specific area not too far from home. Perhaps 1 hour or two at the most. You would probably get fed up of traveling too far if you chose a park much further away. I confess I haven't read all the previous post so if anyone else has offered this advice, I apologize.

We did use the internet initially and then visited the sites that were on our short list. Don't forget to talk to other van owners to find out what the park owners are like and get a feel for the area.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 25-09-2018, 22:46
DavidE DavidE is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Windmill Country Park, Burton Fleming
Posts: 129
Default

By all means use the internet to look for sites, but be aware many sites that would fit your requirements probably do not have websites. There is a likelihood that as far as the internet is concerned they do not exist.
If you were looking in Yorks, I would say come and look at the site we have just moved our van to, as you described it to a tee in your original post. We were asked by the man who moved the van for us “ How did you find out about this site, nobody knows it’s here?”
I hope you find somewhere that suits you, it may take a little time, but it should be worth it when you do.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 26-09-2018, 07:23
oscarsmate oscarsmate is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 8
Default

I found mine by using http://www.myholidaycaravan.co.uk/uk-sites/essex/

It shows the sites on a map and by selecting them you can see what's for sale, split between private and trade. Once you've found a site you like the look of then it's time for leg work. The site may have others for sale which don't appear in the listing, and I'm sure not every site is listed which is true in our case.

we found a private sale which we ultimately rejected but discovered the site owner had other sites which led us to where we are today.

Last edited by oscarsmate; 26-09-2018 at 07:26.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 26-09-2018, 08:40
Mosquito Mosquito is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Fold House Park, Pilling , Lancashire.
Posts: 1,412
Default

By the way, We seem to have forgotten to welcome you to the forum. So, to the forum. I hope that you enjoy your time on-line exchanging your views with other members.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 29-09-2018, 08:54
RaspberryEm RaspberryEm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarsmate View Post
I found mine by using http://www.myholidaycaravan.co.uk/uk-sites/essex/

It shows the sites on a map and by selecting them you can see what's for sale, split between private and trade. Once you've found a site you like the look of then it's time for leg work. The site may have others for sale which don't appear in the listing, and I'm sure not every site is listed which is true in our case.

we found a private sale which we ultimately rejected but discovered the site owner had other sites which led us to where we are today.
Thank you Oscarsmate. I'll look that website up.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 29-09-2018, 08:58
RaspberryEm RaspberryEm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
By the way, We seem to have forgotten to welcome you to the forum. So, to the forum. I hope that you enjoy your time on-line exchanging your views with other members.
Thank you Mosquito. I'm finding these replies so helpful and really appreciate the support of this forum. I'm raring to get started with my own caravan even more now!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 29-09-2018, 09:04
RaspberryEm RaspberryEm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
By all means use the internet to look for sites, but be aware many sites that would fit your requirements probably do not have websites. There is a likelihood that as far as the internet is concerned they do not exist.
If you were looking in Yorks, I would say come and look at the site we have just moved our van to, as you described it to a tee in your original post. We were asked by the man who moved the van for us “ How did you find out about this site, nobody knows it’s here?”
I hope you find somewhere that suits you, it may take a little time, but it should be worth it when you do.
Hello and thank you David E. Funnily enough I have just learnt that I might not find all sites on the internet as I was working in Essex, which is one of the places I'm thinking about and asked a few people if they knew of any small sites and I'd found none of the ones they'd heard of. It's encouraging that there are sites as I describe, that's a relief and I'm glad you found one like that for you. I'll keep hoping.....
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 29-09-2018, 09:13
RaspberryEm RaspberryEm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 12
Default

Hello Bluebells. I really appreciate your advice and hearing about your experience. I'm also somewhat "time poor" as I work ridiculous hours (one of the reasons I'm seeking peace, quiet and the ease of my own caravan) and it's difficult to know how I will find time to visit lots of sites. However, whilst it was encouraging to hear that you found the right site pretty quickly after an intensive online and phone investigation, I also accept that it may well take me longer. (Good point about this perhaps not being the best time too). I just hope I can keep motivated as I'd really far prefer to do as you have done! Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 29-09-2018, 09:16
RaspberryEm RaspberryEm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisie and Mr B View Post
Oh daft me. Should have reread your original enquiry about areas. Ignore the info about dealers above as relates to Wales, Shropshire etc. However the dealers in the areas that you are interested in should offer a similar service.
Hello again Maisie and Mr B. Please don't apologise. It's good advice to talk to a caravan dealer. I hadn't thought about that. Taking notes is spot on too! Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 29-09-2018, 09:19
Angela B's Avatar
Angela B Angela B is offline
Social Media Boss
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea
Posts: 8,715
Default

Hi, there's some advice and tips here too if you're buying a static caravan especially a used one. Good luck!


http://www.gostatic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4201
__________________
Angela B
Social Media Boss

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

My 'New Old Girl'
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

West Coast Windows


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Considering a purchase - any negotiation advice appreciated retro_neil Buying A Static Caravan 11 31-07-2014 21:56
advice required of quiet sites 1/2 hours from edinburgh ianmck Static Caravan Wanted 6 17-05-2014 21:36
Rural Site with Minimal Fees. derryk Static Caravan Wanted 10 02-08-2012 12:23
Quiet Site? chelseagirl Owning A Caravan 21 19-06-2012 23:02
Taking a BIG step - any advice appreciated BruceM Before Owning A Caravan 20 16-12-2011 23:53


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.