Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan Wanted

Static Caravan Wanted Are you looking to buy a satic caravan? Why not tell us?

Old 29-09-2018, 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
We allowed three years to find the right site and pitch and van. It took less but I would rather it had taken that long than make a very expensive mistake. We looked seriously at four sites and once we decided on which one it took six months for one we wanted to be available. It would have been so easy to compromise and get in earlier but I am glad we waited
Thank you Maddy. I am starting to realise that it may take me longer than I'd thought to find the right site and then a van to become available on it. You're right to advise caution around potentially making an expensive mistake. All this advice has been so helpful. Of course I'd prefer to do it quicker if possible as it'll be hard to find the search time and to keep myself motivated, but I do want to do this even more now, so I'll grit my teeth!

Old 29-09-2018, 21:16

Glad you have had a number of different replies to your question RaspberryEm and finding them helpful. We have lived our lives making quick decisions because of a combination of lots of difficult circumstances in our family life and work life. We decide what needs doing and get on with it. For us buying the static was an optional extra - a one-off opportunity. A lasting treat to share with the family to mark our 50th wedding anniversary. As I said previously, I did the intensive internet searching over a very short time. If we hadn't found something very quickly we would have abandoned the idea and carried on taking short breaks in Travelodges from time to time as previously. Just hadn't got the time to spend travelling to search and hadn't had pre-planned longer holidays for decades. The 10 years initial contract on the van takes us to our 60th anniversary. I don't think we will be buying another then and our contract doesn't permit us to pass the van on to our family !!! Meanwhile we enjoy every minute we spend there - with no regrets.
Old 30-09-2018, 10:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela B View Post
Hi, there's some advice and tips here too if you're buying a static caravan especially a used one. Good luck!

http://www.gostatic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4201
Thank you Angela B. i've looked through that and found it really helpful.
Old 30-09-2018, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebells View Post
Glad you have had a number of different replies to your question RaspberryEm and finding them helpful. We have lived our lives making quick decisions because of a combination of lots of difficult circumstances in our family life and work life. We decide what needs doing and get on with it. For us buying the static was an optional extra - a one-off opportunity. A lasting treat to share with the family to mark our 50th wedding anniversary. As I said previously, I did the intensive internet searching over a very short time. If we hadn't found something very quickly we would have abandoned the idea and carried on taking short breaks in Travelodges from time to time as previously. Just hadn't got the time to spend travelling to search and hadn't had pre-planned longer holidays for decades. The 10 years initial contract on the van takes us to our 60th anniversary. I don't think we will be buying another then and our contract doesn't permit us to pass the van on to our family !!! Meanwhile we enjoy every minute we spend there - with no regrets.
Hello again Bluebells. It sounds as if you've had plenty of practice making quick decisions over time. Love the way you say you've had no regrets. Guess that's the key to good and quick decision making - act decisively and have no regrets afterwards. I'm really glad it worked out so well for you. Hopefully I'll be like you and be decisive when find the right site! Keep on enjoying every minute. Thank you
Old 01-10-2018, 11:49
Social Media Boss

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaspberryEm View Post
Thank you Angela B. i've looked through that and found it really helpful.

You're welcome

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

My 'New Old Girl'