Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 24-10-2014, 13:39
Departed Friend

although i,m only part way through it,it looks good to me andy,i,ll carry on reading later.

i chuckled when i read the comment by whitehouse where they say that most people buying a static expect to be in it within days.............wonder where they get that idea from?lol.

Old 24-10-2014, 14:03

I wish all the local council employees luck as it looks as though they will have to back track on some peeps entitlements and have to deal with the consequences....bang goes our chance of bus passes,
Old 24-10-2014, 14:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1950 View Post
although i,m only part way through it,it looks good to me andy,i,ll carry on reading later.

i chuckled when i read the comment by whitehouse where they say that most people buying a static expect to be in it within days.............wonder where they get that idea from?lol.
I had visions of customer faces when I took their payment, handed them the license agreement and said "I'll see you in 28 days, we'll look after your caravan until then!"

There's lots of good stuff in the document. One of my worries it the application of fixed penalties without a route to appeal. That sounds very unbritish.....

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube
Old 24-10-2014, 14:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
I wish all the local council employees luck as it looks as though they will have to back track on some peeps entitlements and have to deal with the consequences....bang goes our chance of bus passes,
Well they should be closing the doors to some benefits.

I've said it before, but I strongly believe that all bus passes should be national, otherwise what's the point. We're on the boarders, many people living in Wales will have family over the boarder in England. It's simply wrong that they can only travel for free some of the journey. That's a totally different soap box, perhaps you could start a campaign? We've shown that we can change the world.

Old 24-10-2014, 14:36
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post

I've said it before, but I strongly believe that all bus passes should be national, otherwise what's the point. We're on the boarders, many people living in Wales will have family over the boarder in England. It's simply wrong that they can only travel for free some of the journey. That's a totally different soap box, perhaps you could start a campaign? We've shown that we can change the world.
trouble is andy if they unified free services like bus passes and, more importantly,free prescriptions,it may go the other way,and we may lose them.
Old 24-10-2014, 15:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post

We do get a discount apparently because we are from Cheshire . Might try to work out how to get to Treetops on public transport one day.
Old 24-10-2014, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1950 View Post
trouble is andy if they unified free services like bus passes and, more importantly,free prescriptions,it may go the other way,and we may lose them.
I cant imagine that bus passes are that heavily used, but I understand the point your making..