Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 06-01-2014, 20:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamaria589 View Post
we were looking round a couple of garages yesterday as we are ready to change our car pretty soon, but it was such a miserable day that I soon got fed up!
we have a 1.6 ford focus(petrol) at the moment, and I love it.. we have been up/down/here/there and everywhere and she has been a good girl..
hubby says we should go for a diesel this time, I don't care less really... I don't like the new focus so we were looking at the fiesta... but some of them are a bit too 'computerised' for me....
we sat in one and I asked where the thing to open the boot was and it didn't have one, just the key fob!.... NO! I want a button to press to open the boot ...

I am set in my ways .....
back to the drawing board I think..

I hate it when we are due to change the car....... we argue... and fall out.....
Know what you mean...both the new Captur and the Megane are diesel(the Captur 0.9l engine does not appeal) ..but Megane gives better mpg....Captur is delivery in weeks so would be March at least or Megane is Now as delivery miles but taxed...decisions decisions ...
Buying our Van was cash and over and done in seconds

Old 06-01-2014, 20:10
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scampi View Post
I've got a new Fiesta, Tia (13 plate, the new shape with the baby Aston grille) - Titanium X, so all the toys. It's got the 1L Ecoboost engine and is AMAZING to drive - it really does drive like a 1.6L diesel. I LOVE it. Hubby was worried when we got it as I found it only 3 days after he'd decided it was time for me to get rid of my Ka (which I really didn't like) ... and I'd been thinking about a C-Max, so the Fiesta was a bit of a departure! But I fell in love with it at first sight, even more so one I had a test-drive.

As for no boot release - can't remember the last car I had that had a boot release inside the car! Ziggy (my Fiesta) is keyless entry, so as long as you have the keys about your person, you can unlock the car and start it up (no rummaging in your bag in the pouring rain with shopping bags threatening to sever your fingers - just walk up to it, press a little button on the door-handle (or on the boot) and you're in!).

I sat in one and jumped straight out again! it felt too computurised for me.... I am sure I would get used to it though.....

can anyone walk up to it and press a button and get in?

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 06-01-2014, 20:19

Quote:
[/COLOR]
I sat in one and jumped straight out again! it felt too computurised for me.... I am sure I would get used to it though.....

can anyone walk up to it and press a button and get in?
The keycard on Renaults ... has to be on your person...
Old 06-01-2014, 21:10
Supporting Member

You have to have the Key on your person to gain entry to the Car Tia And my Audi A1 has a button on the hatchback to open it once you've zapped the remote and moves like a pocket rocket

ML.
Old 06-01-2014, 22:04
Supporting Member

Is it only me that doesn't want an all singing/dancing car?

another thing, I have to leave my car out on the street as we dont have a drive so i dont want anything that may attract too much attention if you know what i mean..

Old 06-01-2014, 22:17

I think I would now look for a decent car that offered a good warranty. Needs checking and confirming but the last I heard was, Hyundai 5 years, Kia 7 years and Vauxhall lifetime. All may be limited up to a certain mileage, but seems the way to go for me
Old 07-01-2014, 12:58
Supporting Member

Quote:
Is it only me that doesn't want an all singing/dancing car?

another thing, I have to leave my car out on the street as we dont have a drive so i dont want anything that may attract too much attention if you know what i mean..
I understand exactly what you mean Tia, as long as it's got central locking, electric windows and a CD player I'm happy......oh, and air con.

Not bothered about paying extra for 'bells & whistles'.

I initially went looking for an ex demo car but then I realised they have lots of extras fitted which I wasn't prepared to pay for, which then made them more expensive than a brand new model. Hubby's car has everything, it's like a space ship. It has a lot more room than mine (but so has a transit van)

ML
Old 07-01-2014, 13:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmell View Post
I understand exactly what you mean Tia, as long as it's got central locking, electric windows and a CD player I'm happy......oh, and air con.

Not bothered about paying extra for 'bells & whistles'.

I initially went looking for an ex demo car but then I realised they have lots of extras fitted which I wasn't prepared to pay for, which then made them more expensive than a brand new model. Hubby's car has everything, it's like a space ship. It has a lot more room than mine (but so has a transit van)

ML
Must admit some of the new cars come with Medianav etc. and wait for it no cd player....and worst of all paying over 500 pounds for metallic...
Old 07-01-2014, 13:48
Supporting Member

My 'bells and whistle' were almost by accident! I had a 'need' list (air-con, heated windscreen) and a 'would like' list (i-Pod connectivity and bluetooth), but it just happened that when I started looking 'my' car was at the dealer - ex-dem model, just enough miles to take the rough edge off the engine and over 5000 less than the new price! It just happened to be a top-spec model (the only toys it hasn't got are those that are cost extras - sat-nav, bumper acne and a system that stops you running into the car in front! Don't need them - I have a map and spacial awareness!!)
Old 07-01-2014, 15:08
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
Must admit some of the new cars come with Medianav etc. and wait for it no cd player....and worst of all paying over 500 pounds for metallic...
i know!! some we saw had Bluetooth, wifi something or other yet no CD...
how very strange!