Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:07

Thumbs up Selling a caravan whilst on Finance

Hi all really need some advise.
Bought our static last August for 15000. Had it on finance paying a 6000 deposit. Have now paid in total 9000. Thing is we simply dont have the timevto use her so have decided tp call it a day. Have been told yes the site will have it back off us but wr dont get any money back and in fact owe them money. How can this be??? I feel like we are being robbed !!

Old 03-09-2015, 08:13
Departed Friend

this happens all too often.unfortunately,although hard to admit,we all too often buy on impulse.as i have said earlier in the thread i,ve done it myself in the past.obviously the finance company will have to be paid whatever you decide.
although hard as it is to accept,the park won,t want to give you the value you put on it as they are in business to sell vans not buy.and they won,t offer much as they are getting site fees for the time it stays on park,and if they aren,t paid they,ll probably reposses the van anyway.
i suppose your options are to try and sell privately,but that will take time.it.ll also cost,and you,ll still be paying site fees.
sell to a dealer,settle the site bills,and walk away.
try renting it out,at least you,ll keep it and not end up in debt with no van.and you,ll have occasional use of it.
the park may agree to have the van back,and clear any monies owed to them if you negotiate.
on our park there are several owners who have more than 1 van,and they rent others out.if you can find any on your park who do it,you may get a sale to one of them,although they won,t pay top dollar for it obviously.
whatever avenue you go down though,i fear you will lose big time,and will still be left paying the finance company.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:26
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by softsal29 View Post
Hi all really need some advise.
Bought our static last August for 15000. Had it on finance paying a 6000 deposit. Have now paid in total 9000. Thing is we simply dont have the timevto use her so have decided tp call it a day. Have been told yes the site will have it back off us but wr dont get any money back and in fact owe them money. How can this be??? I feel like we are being robbed !!
i really feel for sal,when this sort of situation arises and if any new peeps look in before buying a van and reads of her plight,in my opinion,buy with the view that you are not only buying a static,but the lifestyle as well.and if the 2 don,t/won,t gel,don,t do it.
Old 03-09-2015, 18:27

Hard lesson.....hope its not too big a debt to pay off....trouble is with finance is that the finance companies want their money plus interest....
Old 05-09-2015, 13:15

I had new neighbours in June this year .35k purchase brand new , haven't seen the young family for a couple of weeks & last weekend it went up for sale 10k cheaper ,bargain for the couple who looked at it last weekend , I told them to bite the owners hand off for it , young couple must have lost a fortune on less than 8 weeks ownership .

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/y...dy/caravan.jpg