Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Technical Issues

Technical Issues A place to ask and/or give advice on technical issues

Old 12-02-2020, 15:43

Default Bending chasis

Hi , I am new to this group and need some advice . We have owned a static for nearly 2 years now and have had issues with it since then it is a 2018 van . From day one we have had floor moving doors out of line gaps in windows . Eventually the park got a company out and report says back if van is bending , the back of van has also bowed out Park has removed van and resited it which is worse than before , we are just wondering where this leaves us now.

Old 12-02-2020, 16:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
Hi , I am new to this group and need some advice . We have owned a static for nearly 2 years now and have had issues with it since then it is a 2018 van . From day one we have had floor moving doors out of line gaps in windows . Eventually the park got a company out and report says back if van is bending , the back of van has also bowed out Park has removed van and resited it which is worse than before , we are just wondering where this leaves us now.
1st I would check your manufacturers warranty ?....Then have a word with your insurance company or sites liability insurance ?
Old 12-02-2020, 17:46

I would be going for a new van , I believe chassis are guaranteed for 10 years. Whoever you bought the van off needs a copy of the report , list all your problems and tell them you require a replacement van. You could join NACO and seek their advise
Old 12-02-2020, 18:17

Hi we brought the van from the site , they got the report done with the view to if it was resited it would right itself !!! . I have contacted NACO who have all emails ect .
Old 12-02-2020, 20:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
Hi we brought the van from the site , they got the report done with the view to if it was resited it would right itself !!! . I have contacted NACO who have all emails ect .
Check your home . Or Car .Or Caravan insurance policy if you have legal cover speak to a solicitor they will advice you on your rights

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ntents/enacted
Old 14-02-2020, 17:18

Bending chassis? never heard of that before. I may be completely wrong, but I would question if the site had levelled the van up correctly and adequately supported the chassis with stands in the correct points and to the correct height in the first place? Either way, you should be covered I would think since you bought the van off the site they would be responsible for the vans durability not the manufacturer. Your dispute and remedy would be with the site not the manufacturer I would think? After all, if there really is a problem with the caravan chassis, surely its up to the site to take it up with the manufacturer if it is faulty since you bought the van from them & the site purchased the van from the manufacturer? After all, if you were to buy say a TV from a retail shop & it went wrong, the shop may try & tell you to take it up with the manufacturer but they would be wrong. The retailer you bought the TV from is responsible to put it right or replace it if not possible. Then they take the faulty equipment up with the manufacturer not you because your contract is with the retailer not the manufacturer & that's the consumer protection law. I would ring trading standards and ask them for advice, or if not, a good solicitor but try trading standards first as its free!

Last edited by RRRob; 14-02-2020 at 20:16.