Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

View Poll Results: Can you sell static caravan off site out of contract will commission be due to site owner
Yes 1 50.00%
No 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-09-2017, 21:39

Default Do I have to pay commission if I sell of site

I have a buyer for my caravan who wants to take my caravan of site do I have to pay the site owner commission on this sale if the caravan is being removed as they will get the fee to remove from site. I have no contract it was signed and caravan park took both copes so I can't read terms and conditions any advise greatly appreciated

Old 29-09-2017, 01:21
Supporting Member

The site owner may not let an outside contractor onto the site to remove the van. I have been on a family owned site where the site owner charged a fixed fee to decommission the van and move it to the site entrance where it would then have to be collected by your own transport. Of course this wasn't cheap!!
Old 29-09-2017, 08:08

The commission usually reflects the continued use of the land, so I would assume no commission for a caravan removed/sold off site.
Anyway, it is probably built into whatever fees you have to pay for disconnection and taking it off the actual pitch so that an outside party can remove it.
Old 30-09-2017, 17:12

Disconnection by site removal off site and making good the pitch will probably incur a fee,
its in our terms and conditions of sale i would find out before agreeing any terms with new owner.
Old 02-10-2017, 15:42

I would think that the park owners would want to disconnect the services themselves to make sure there isn't a problem. Therefore I would say they are entitled to a fee. As for selling off the park, unless it's in your agreement, I would think no fee is payable.