Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 12-11-2017, 18:42

How awful for you to be so close to horrible people but I agree with the others I wouldn't move because even the neighbours on the pitch are nice they could sell up and you never know who would move next to you - no stick it out and try to ignore them completely except to smile sweetly and say a pleasant hello as you pass them - nothing else just hello it will confound them and let them see you are not bothered anymore.

Old 13-11-2017, 08:15
Supporting Member

Ignore them, other than to smile and wave (in a slightly sarcastic manner!) when you see them watching you. Once they realise they are not bothering you with their antics, they'll more than likely stop. Just keep the site management appraised of any on-going issues with them, enlist the support of the nice neighbours, but carry on using your 'van as you always have. You're not doing anything wrong and you shouldn't let these people bully you into moving.
Old 13-11-2017, 09:08

I can't get over them saying that your underside of your van spoilt their view...why didn't they just turn their chairs round?
Old 13-11-2017, 09:26

This is so awful for you, but I do agree with what has mostly been said.

Don't sell up, I have a feeling they will move on, they hardly seem happy at their caravan ... If they were they wouldn't be behaving as they are, it doesn't sound as though they relax and enjoy the lifestyle. My feeling is they are the type who are easily bored and seek drama and strife to enrich their sad lives.

As said, don't feed their antics. Ignore them as much as politely possible, if you must engage, keep it polite and restricted.

Keep a diary if events continue/escalate and by all means talk to your friends on the site about issue, but be careful with acquaintances. Most people never want to get involves in any dispute that doesn't directly involve themselves.

My late father would have said in a situation like this. "The best thing you can do with people like that ... is ignore them."

Don't let it become a game for them, where you are the toy or entertainment ... They would no doubt love to see you pack up and go home when they arrive, don't do it.

Good luck, I imagine they'll be gone soon x
Old 13-11-2017, 14:15

Happened on a site I was on, but eventually they moved as they felt so uncomfortable as no one spoke to them, now they have been thrown of the site they moved on to and as far as I believe before they moved on to our site they moved of the site they were on because they said the neighbours were a problem.!!!!!!!!!!! So to be honest I bet they move when they realise people are not speaking to them and they feel uncomfortable and there is no pleasure being at there van.
Old 14-11-2017, 13:04

Smile

A heartfelt big thank you to all of you for taking your time to reply. After a few days calming down, we have heard from lots of our friends there too. We have some Christmas and other events to attend and have decided we will go back for those. We will see what happens next season and having dealt with my husband's cancer, we will continue to "keep calm and carry on". This is the mantra that has got us through the last 5 years!So we will NOT be letting them win!
Old 14-11-2017, 13:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tescogran View Post
A heartfelt big thank you to all of you for taking your time to reply. After a few days calming down, we have heard from lots of our friends there too. We have some Christmas and other events to attend and have decided we will go back for those. We will see what happens next season and having dealt with my husband's cancer, we will continue to "keep calm and carry on". This is the mantra that has got us through the last 5 years!So we will NOT be letting them win!
enjoy ...Illigetimi non carborundum
Old 14-11-2017, 17:17

Mr Treetopper - naughty however I do totally agree with the sentiment

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.