Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > News

News Discuss all of the latest news related to static caravans here

Old 04-02-2015, 17:50
Social Media Boss

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea
Default Scottish Caravan show

Anyone going to Glasgow?

It starts tomorrow

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

My 'New Old Girl'

Old 04-02-2015, 21:46
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela B View Post
Anyone going to Glasgow?

It starts tomorrow
Yep Anj. Will be at the Glasgow show on Friday with two friends who are already on the park we are going to in March ( or maybe sooner !! ).
Hoping to get some ideas on "must haves" for our new van.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:36
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela B View Post
just received our invitation to the birmingham show from our park.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:05

We're going to Glasgow on Sunday.
Old 06-02-2015, 23:07
Supporting Member

Visited the Glasgow show today at the SECC. Big show, several halls and well worth a visit. Good range of statics on show from ABI, Willerby, Swift, Carnaby, Victory etc. Loads of parks represented, from small to the big players. Huge range of touring vans,boats, accessories etc., pretty much something for everyone.
Glad we managed it on the Friday as I think the weekend could be manic. Free parking for the first time and really well organised. No delays either arriving or leaving.
Had another look at our new van currently on order and very happy we made the right choice, so that made the trip worthwhile .
Found the perfect mini fold away vacuum we have been looking for and at 40, just the job.
Sorry Angela, didn't see even one Static with disabled access. In fact, every single one had steps to the decking so not even possible for anyone in a wheelchair to have a look inside !! A shame really. I understand cost implications etc. but that does need to be considered
as it is a tad unfair.
Otherwise, a really good and worthwhile show.
Oh, and having looked at motor homes, even some of the smaller ones make statics look quite cheap ! We were amazed at some of them, like 50k and no room to swing a ..., well don't want to offend but you know what I mean.
Old 08-02-2015, 19:56

Well, we visited the Glagow show, had a very nice day looking at all the new statics and gadgets. We are now champing at the bit waiting on our site re opening in March.
Oh and Mrs Sparky purchased one of these 40 mini vacuums as well, but on inspection once home doesn't look up to much, and can't find any reviews/ details etc on the interweb, which seems ominous. Might just have to keep it and use it for the car.
Old 08-02-2015, 20:11

Well, we visited the Glagow show, had a very nice day looking at all the new statics and gadgets. We are now champing at the bit waiting on our site re opening in March.
Oh and Mrs Sparky purchased one of these 40 mini vacuums as well, but on inspection once home doesn't look up to much, and can't find any reviews/ details etc on the interweb, which seems ominous. Might just have to keep it and use it for the car.
Old 08-02-2015, 21:07
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sparky View Post
Glad you enjoyed the show Old Sparky. Looks like only you and me on here had any interest in going !! Spoke to someone who was at the Manchester show and he told me the Glasgow one was way bigger and better. ( he isn't Scottish by the way ! ) . He said you could see more statics at any average sales dealers yard than Manchester. I thought it would have been the other way round.
I checked out the vacuum on the net too. Based in Nottingham they said (as does the box) but nothing listed for them. Ominous ? Maybe, but at 40 it's hardly Dy..n priced, oh, and it does work well. Tried it today and its got a very powerful suction. How long it lasts, time will tell.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:48
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Glad you enjoyed the show Old Sparky. Looks like only you and me on here had any interest in going !! Spoke to someone who was at the Manchester show and he told me the Glasgow one was way bigger and better. ( he isn't Scottish by the way ! ) . He said you could see more statics at any average sales dealers yard than Manchester. I thought it would have been the other way round.
I checked out the vacuum on the net too. Based in Nottingham they said (as does the box) but nothing listed for them. Ominous ? Maybe, but at 40 it's hardly Dy..n priced, oh, and it does work well. Tried it today and its got a very powerful suction. How long it lasts, time will tell.
it,s another gadjet you must have for the van,but will never use.
we got a few of them.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:32
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1950 View Post
it,s another gadjet you must have for the van,but will never use.
we got a few of them.
I have always said, you can never have too many vacuum cleaners.
Wish now we had bought two !!!!!