Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Shopping > Found

Found Have you found a bargain? Why not share it here.

Old 17-04-2012, 23:45

Default Wow! Karcher Window Vacuum

I have just recently bought the Karcher window van, got mine from ideal world shopping channel (because you can send it back if you dont like it).

Well we did all the windows at the van, and at home, and i must say i cant recommend the vac enough - it is fantastic.

Last edited by Angela M; 20-11-2012 at 11:34.

Old 18-04-2012, 07:36
Supporting Member

Ordered one of these on monday, hopefully it will have arrived before we go on friday, otherwise we will just have to practice on the windows at home next week!
Old 18-04-2012, 08:11

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

This is what all the fuss us about for those who haven't seen one of these vacuums. This video is from 2009 so the model number has probably changed (has it?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToSES...e_gdata_player

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1

Last edited by Angela M; 18-04-2012 at 08:17.
Old 18-04-2012, 08:54
Administrator

I'm guessing it's this you are talking about

Karcher Window Vac

Seems popular

Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Old 19-04-2012, 00:42
Retired Member

I want one! I want one!

How much was it from Ideal World Diane?

I am looking at them on Amazon.

Told my OH about it and he didn't seem that interested, but I am going to show him the video

We could use it at the van (windows and shower) and at home, particularly on the conversatory. I hate cleaning windows - and would buy anything that would make the job easier.

Have you tried it on your shower screen at the van?

Would be great for peeps who suffer with loads of condensation in their vans too .......
Old 20-04-2012, 21:47

Mupps..... I paid 59.99 from Ideal world, at the moment it is free postage, and they allow you to pay in 2 instalments (interest free), you pay half when you order, then the rest the month after, I buy lots from there, and if you are not happy you can return and get full refund. From Ideal you also get the small attachment (for doing georgian windows etc), other suppliers you dont get this, so be careful.

I too was a bit unsure, it was hubby that wanted it, i really am impressed though, we have a very large patio and french doors and honestly they were a pain to clean, they looked great and then when the sun came around it showed all the marks and streaks.

Well with the Karcher they did clean up great, they are sparkling, even in full sun, cant believe it..... it is very easy to use, only need to apply light pressure and they are gleaming. We did all the van windows and yes.... it works brill on the shower screen, and also bathroom tiles at home too.

I would definitely give it a try, we only used a cloth with soap and water, didnt bother to buy the special cleaner. I think it would be great for your conservatory, would make job much easier.
Old 20-04-2012, 23:09
Retired Member

hi i have sold one of those washers at our store think it was 49.99 or 59 but not sure , b and q have them too , i dont think i would use one and am very anti gadgets, we had two pressure washers go wrong same make the casing cracked and we only used them once a year in spring to clean patio, course by then they were out guarantee , i just use vinegar and water and kitchen towel works just as well , clean no smears ,
Old 20-04-2012, 23:16
Retired Member

i have watched the video you posted now ange , i am still no nearer as to why its better than a window cleaners squeegee? they cost couple of quid , you spray the window and wipe it off with the karcher but its attachment is just a squeegee , but also sucks up the water, to collect in a reservoir to empty , it doesnt seem much less effort than doing by hand to me , but i guess its good for some , has its uses , ?
Old 21-04-2012, 01:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinel View Post
i have watched the video you posted now ange , i am still no nearer as to why its better than a window cleaners squeegee? they cost couple of quid , you spray the window and wipe it off with the karcher but its attachment is just a squeegee , but also sucks up the water, to collect in a reservoir to empty , it doesnt seem much less effort than doing by hand to me , but i guess its good for some , has its uses , ?
Janinel...... I have used the squeegee myself and also the window vac, and there is no comparison, the vac sucks up all the soapy water and leaves the windows completely dry and sparkly, with very little effort.

I have used all the sprays and vinegar and newspaper etc and i think you still get streaky windows (well i did), and a wet floor, carpets, or window sill.

I can only give my view on what my experience has been, i know they are pricey, but to me are worth it. After all you clean your windows a lot more than you use a pressure washer, and it is very convienient to use and store, doesnt take ages to assemble or put away afterwards.

I think that it would be good for people with condensation problems, very easy to deal with.
Old 21-04-2012, 12:04
Retired Member

hi yes like i say prob good idea for some people , i would imagine not getting wet up arms and floor might be nice , i have gadgets like mixers and liquidisers i thought i would use but never do , veg slicers , , i expect it is good , my house is full to bursting already try not to buy anything else nowhere to store , !