Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 08-05-2012, 16:50

Default Sites in Pembrokeshire near Tenby, S. Wales

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for sites near to Tenby or Saundersfoot South Wales?

We've been looking for a while and to be honest at the weekend we put a (refundable) deposit on a van and large corner pitch on Kiln Park Penally. At 3650 site fees per year we're starting to have second thoughts about the expense though. The location is 200 meters away from the stunning Tenby South beach, so I guess they can command that kind of premium.

I made some enquiries with local sites and their fees seem to be more around the 2500 mark. However, most are for a 10 year license from new, at Penally you can leave the van as long as you want.

Also, How common is it for sites to allow your own van to be brought on site? That would be the ideal for us.

Thanks for any info.

Old 08-05-2012, 17:40
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickynoodles View Post
Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for sites near to Tenby or Saundersfoot South Wales?

We've been looking for a while and to be honest at the weekend we put a (refundable) deposit on a van and large corner pitch on Kiln Park Penally. At 3650 site fees per year we're starting to have second thoughts about the expense though. The location is 200 meters away from the stunning Tenby South beach, so I guess they can command that kind of premium.

I made some enquiries with local sites and their fees seem to be more around the 2500 mark. However, most are for a 10 year license from new, at Penally you can leave the van as long as you want.

Also, How common is it for sites to allow your own van to be brought on site? That would be the ideal for us.

Thanks for any info.
hi nicky and welcome to the forum.kiln park is a nice park,though too expensive for me.i would say if you are already thinking on those lines,then proceed with caution.as for finding parks that will accept your own van,there is a thread on here .i would say that they do exist,but be sure,if/when you find one look very carefully at what they charge to accept the van and site it.you would be surprised what some parks will want to charge.we personally have taken our own van to a different park,but we are in mid wales,as opposed to where you are looking.i would say be patient and you will find what you want.mick.
Old 08-05-2012, 18:41
Banned

nickynoodles. I sympathise with you I am currently looking for a van in or around the Lake district but the annual site fees are not cheap if you are quoted 3,500 a year( if we assume a 10 year period of ownership) 3,500x10 = 35,000 you are comitted to spending and that does not take into account any price rise in fees.I have now set my budget at a maximum of 2,000 pa but currently havnt found that right site yet so good luck and best wishes to you.
Old 09-05-2012, 00:01
Retired Member

Hi Nickynoodles and welcome.

Have you looked at this Park, owned by indianwells who is a member of this forum? Cheap site fees and he is sound as a pound, so you won't be ripped off.

I doubt he will allow you to bring your own van though, most Parks won't allow that - some will allow you to tow on from another Park though, but their site fees are usually a lot more expensive.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:38
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetChops View Post
Hi Nickynoodles and welcome.

Have you looked at this Park, owned by indianwells who is a member of this forum? Cheap site fees and he is sound as a pound, so you won't be ripped off.

I doubt he will allow you to bring your own van though, most Parks won't allow that - some will allow you to tow on from another Park though, but their site fees are usually a lot more expensive.
that looks nice mupps , we went to saundersfoot when we went south wales must have gone by that campsite , but there was quite a few down there , its lovely spot and we did a very long walk from saundersfoot to tenby , so its quite accessible , sounds like a good place , .
Old 09-05-2012, 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinel View Post
that looks nice mupps , we went to saundersfoot when we went south wales must have gone by that campsite , but there was quite a few down there , its lovely spot and we did a very long walk from saundersfoot to tenby , so its quite accessible , sounds like a good place , .
It is...
Old 09-05-2012, 13:37

Thanks for the recommendations folks. We've realised that there are so many sites in the area, we'll let the Kiln Park Penally spot go and shop around. We've made a revised criteria of:

- Min 10 years license
- Max 20k spend
- Max 2500 site fees

I think we'll go back over to Tenby / Saunderfoot on the weekend of the 19th and do a grand tour of all the sites and see which fit.

@indianwells Saudersfoot Bay Leisure Park looks lovely, we now have your brochure and will call in to see you on the 19th / 20th.
Old 11-05-2012, 14:35
Retired Member

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendations folks. We've realised that there are so many sites in the area, we'll let the Kiln Park Penally spot go and shop around. We've made a revised criteria of:

- Min 10 years license
- Max 20k spend
- Max 2500 site fees

I think we'll go back over to Tenby / Saunderfoot on the weekend of the 19th and do a grand tour of all the sites and see which fit.

@indianwells Saudersfoot Bay Leisure Park looks lovely, we now have your brochure and will call in to see you on the 19th / 20th.
Nicky - we expect a report back on here on what indianwells is like/looks like.
Old 11-05-2012, 14:52

Haha .. well it seems that he's going to be away on the weekend we're there which is a shame. We'll probably still take a look at the site though.

I've cancelled the Kiln Park Penally deal today, so we're back to the drawing board. Think I ruined a sales guy's weekend.

After calling 10 or more sites, 2300 seems to be the going rate for site fees in the area, which makes me realise how expensive the Haven parks are. (They do have great facilities to be fair, I'm just not sure we'd use them enough).

I'll post here if we find something in good old SW Wales eventually.
Old 11-05-2012, 15:29
Retired Member

Quote:
Haha .. well it seems that he's going to be away on the weekend we're there which is a shame. We'll probably still take a look at the site though.

I've cancelled the Kiln Park Penally deal today, so we're back to the drawing board. Think I ruined a sales guy's weekend.

After calling 10 or more sites, 2300 seems to be the going rate for site fees in the area, which makes me realise how expensive the Haven parks are. (They do have great facilities to be fair, I'm just not sure we'd use them enough).

I'll post here if we find something in good old SW Wales eventually.
hi i am sure you will find something , there are quite a few that i can remember , it was lovely at saundersfoot , pub on beach walkway round coastline , reminded me of austria in places , very pretty , cant wait hear how you get on with your search good luck !