Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Static Caravan Reviews > Atlas

Atlas Discussion and reviews of all Atlas made static caravans.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:32
Administrator

Default Atlas Sagittarius 2010

Discussion and reviews about Atlas Sagittarius 2010

Follow us on Twitter (Info)

Old 14-04-2013, 18:33

First of all I apologise for the length of this review but once I got started I couldnt decide what to leave out..... So I didnt leave anything out!
Also I would like to thank Eddiesolo as I used his review as a template, thank you and I hope you dont mind Si.

REVIEW ON 2010 ATLAS SAGITTARIUS 40ft X12.5ft (2 Bedrooms)

This caravan is near the top of Atlas's range with only lodges above it in the pecking order and has full central heating and double glazing. The model was launched in 2010 and it's aimed at couples and families and as dog owners we have found it ideal.

EXTERIOR:
This model comes in cream/beige colour but our caravan is Environmental Green which is available at extra cost.

There is a coated steel pantile pitched roof and the chassis is fully galvanised. There's additional insulation and it comes with an "extra warm package"

The caravan is entered by a single door on the side and on our caravan there are 2 patio doors on the front which are also an optional extra, although Ive never actually seen one without the patio doors.The locks on all 3 doors are the same so although there a 2 keys supplied only one is required to open any of the doors. We have also been able to easily obtain additional keys from a local locksmith in town.
All the doors and windows are made of Upvc and are double glazed

Outside light (situated by side door) is fitted as standard

INTERIOR:
The whole of the interior has coving and vaulted ceilings throughout. There is energy efficient lighting and 2 smoke alarms, 2 carbon monoxide alarms and a fire extinguisher.
You enter the caravan through the side door into the

DINING ROOM/KITCHEN:
One of the best features of this van as far as I am concerned is that the kitchen and dining area are completely separated from the lounge by a door and large window. There is also a door on the right that leads to the hallway.
The whole of the kitchen/diner has a wooden laminate floor and is fitted out in white which makes it feel very light and spacious. The round wooden dining table with a glass insert is on your left with 4 dining chairs and the boiler cupboard and a fully integrated fridge/freezer are on your right.

The square kitchen area is in front of you. There is plenty of storage including 6 wall cupboards, (5 with opaque glass fronts) 5 under work surface cupboards and 5 drawers plus a wine rack. There are plenty of work surfaces that are shiny black but although they look good they do show any splashes and smears unfortunately.

On the left side is an integrated combi-microwave with eye level oven and grill. In front, under the window is a white sink with mixer taps and underneath is a manufacturer supplied washing machine (or dishwasher) and on the right side is a 5 burner hob. Above the hob is a a large glass and stainless steel extractor fan

There are 4 double power points around the work surfaces plus the microwave, hob, washing machine, fridge/freezer and extractor fan are separately wired into their own sockets. There is also a double socket near the table.
The room is heated by 2 radiators, 1 of which is near the table.

Lighting is provided by a switch on the hallway side and turns on the 4 kitchen lights, the light over the table and the outside light..
There are 2 outside-looking windows by the table (curtains/voiles) and the sink (silver venetian blind) and a large window that looks into the lounge.

LOUNGE:
The door from the kitchen leads to the lounge which is fully carpeted and is very nicely furnished. There is a freestanding 3piece suite and the 2 seater settee is also a fold-out sprung double bed. The chairs are comfortable although the settee is quite firm.

On your left is a large TV stand (big enough to easily hold a 40+" LCD TV ) with 2 cupboards and a shelf for DVD/Blu-ray. The TV ariel socket and a double plug are housed behind this.

Next is a log and flame electric thermostatically controlled fire which gives off a lot of heat and has its own pre-wired socket. The fire is set on its own surround with a cream-coloured mantlepiece and above this is a set of 2 glass shelves with mirrored back and LED lighting.

As already mentioned there are double patio doors and there are 2 more double plug sockets either side of these doors.

There is a matching glass fronted wooden unit with glass shelving, mirror backed and LED lighting. There are 2 cupboards and 2 drawers in this unit which is situated on the right side of the lounge.
Next to the door is a large double radiator

Lights are operated by the kitchen door and operate the main lounge light (5 light chandelier) and the lights in the unit, the one above the mantlepiece and a picture light above the radiator.

Windows in the lounge are full length on either side near the front and on either side next to the patio doors. There is also a shorter window on the right side above the settee plus the one that looks into the kitchen. Apart from the indoor window all windows have voiles and curtains/tie-backs

HALLWAY:
Leading off from the kitchen is a small hallway that has doors leading to the shower and both bedrooms. There is 1 light switch for the hall and shower room plus a pre-wired extractor fan switch for the shower room.

SHOWER ROOM:
This is a good sized room with an enclosed double sized shower cubicle, the basin is on a pedestal and theres a well positioned toilet. There's also a mirrored cabinet on the wall and a small radiator next to the washbasin.
Lighting is provided by a switch outside the door-no pull cord inside.
Light is provided by a small window that completely opens and has a white Venetian blind

TWIN BEDROOM:
This has two 2'6"single beds with a small bedside cabinet between them and a fixed headboard that covers the whole wall. This is useful as we have pushed the beds together to make a double. There are wall mounted cupboards above the beds and a wardrobe with hanging space and shelves at the door end together with a cupboard and a wall mounted mirror. Quite a lot of storage space compared to a lot of twin rooms Ive seen.
Radiator behind the door

Lighting is provided by one switch near the door for 2 ceiling mounted lights and there are 2 wall mounted lights above the beds with their own on/off switches.

MASTER BEDROOM:
The main bedroom is well designed with a huge amount of storage. As you enter from the hall the bed is in front and is a king sized divan so is very comfortable. It has an iron headboard with mirrors behind the bed. Above this are wall mounted cupboards, wall lights and either side of the bed are cabinets and double sockets on both sides too.
On the left there are 1 double and 1 single wardrobes and a full length cupboard with shelves. There are also 1 double and 1single drawer.
On the right there is a dressing table and a stool with wall mounted cupboards and mirror above. Behind the mirror is fixtures for a TV. There are 2 cabinets either side of the dressing table.
In this area there are a double plug socket, shaver socket and a TV aerial socket
Lighting is provided by 2 switches near the door for the main light (3 light chandelier) and lights above the wardrobes and dressing table
Radiator is under the window on the right
Light is provided by a largish window with a half size side opening.

There is a door near to the left side of the bed that leads to the

EN SUITE:
This is a good size too with washbasin, toilet and full sized bath with a shower above and a shower panel along the side. There is also a mirrored cabinet above the basin and a radiator opposite the bath. There is a window that opens over the back of the caravan, also with a Venetian blind
The light switch is on the wall in the bedroom.

OVERALL:
Atlas Leisure describe the Sagittarius as "the ultimate in affordable luxury" and that sums the caravan up very well. Its a warm and cosy caravan and it has been furnished throughout with top quality fixtures and fittings. I wouldn't like to be buying it brand new because of the high price but as a used caravan it came at a very competitive price.
I absolutely love this caravan and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone
Old 16-04-2013, 21:34

Well done great detailed review,and I bet your pen thingy for your ipad is worn out

Last edited by treetopper; 16-04-2013 at 21:37.
Old 16-04-2013, 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
Well done great detailed review,and I bet your pen thingy for your ipad is worn out
Thank you TT. I thought perhaps Id over done it especially as my pen thingy is almost worn out
Old 17-04-2013, 09:11

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Great in depth review, thank you

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 17-04-2013, 13:45

Marianda, you've made me want one now, lol. A good review.
Old 17-04-2013, 15:31
Administrator

Great review and don't apologise for it, it's great

Thanks for taking the effort

Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Old 17-04-2013, 17:05
Supporting Member

Why worry about the length of your review?.......it's your van and you're very proud of it and so you should be

ML.
Old 19-04-2013, 18:51

Thanks for the kind comments folks. Emmell, you're right I am very proud of my van. We've not long ago arrived after an 11 day break (the longest since the season started) and Its just awesome being here