Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:44

Default Advice for selling please

We have just put our van up for sale via the site. know it's not a good time of year, but they have also advised us to advertise it locally. It has taken them nearly two weeks to start advertising it and then the size was wrong and very few details were quoted. After emailing them, they have asked me what details we wanted putting in!! I have drafted a short but informative advertisement for them to use. My question is, where else would people advise us to advertise and what do I need to include. Any advice would be welcome although we don't expect much to happen until next year, but if it's not out there, people don't know it's for sale do they?
Also, can I advertise it on here??

Old 01-11-2013, 08:58

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Hi Chrissy you can advertise it on here as you are an owner member . The more details the better, size, number of bedrooms, layout, photos external and internal, seating arrangements in lounge, kitchen layout, any extras, e.g. equipment/gas bottles/decking/storage boxes, total cost of site fees, length of season, site facilities, distance to facilities from caravan, distance to nearest town etc, any on site wifi, basically all the stuff about it that YOU fell in love with

Take a look at previous ads in our caravan for sale section, other ads will help you choose your wording. A link to some photos always proved popular. If you need any more help just ask

Ps Preloved is good too, you can post 2 pics, free to advertise on there too.

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25

Bung it on ebay as well just to get publicity not sell via it.

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:44

Chrissy, there's a few websites which allow you to advertise statics for free, will try and track them down when I get to a PC

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube
Old 01-11-2013, 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela B View Post
Hi Chrissy you can advertise it on here as you are an owner member .
Great advice, can't think of a better place to start. To make life easy, I would probably just put an ad on here first and see how things go

Good Luck
Old 02-11-2013, 01:21

Hi Chrissy
we bought out first caravan just a month ago. We had only been looking about 3 weeks, I was searching on google for caravan sites in areas where I wanted one. The one we bought I saw on e-bay, loved the sound of it so messaged the seller. She gave me her phone number and I asked all my questions and made arrangements to go and see it. The payment was made via the site warden so they could take commission etc. I was willing to purchase even knowing that I could only use it for 3 weeks due to my own personal circumstances and then the site shut down. The seller gave a very good description of what it had and she put some very good pics on. If she hadn't put it on e-bay I would never have found it as it's on a small site in the countryside that doesn't advertise any of their vans on-line.
Good luck with your search for a buyer, I'm sure you will find serious buyer out there
Old 02-11-2013, 13:07

eBay is a great suggestion as you can post lots of details and photos but I'd try it on gumtree and Preloved first as it's free. I've sold lots of items on those two sites recently and it hasn't cost me a penny, and to be honest I pretty much don't like eBay too much anymore as it's a bit of a monopoly and they basically charge what they want nowadays!

Here's a link http://www.gumtree.com/search?q=stat...-distance=10.0

Good luck with your sale
Old 02-11-2013, 13:39

If you sell on Ebay, I would recommend you sell by using the Ebay Classified Ads service. It a lot cheaper and you pay a fixed price & Ebay don't take a percentage of the end sale price. You get wide coverage and you can add photographs & contact details so anyone interested in buying can contact you for further details.
Old 02-11-2013, 16:21

Thanks for all your replies. Advert and pics ready to go. Just got to decide the amount to put it on for and which site. Will keep you posted if anything happens.
Old 02-11-2013, 19:33

Are you getting another van Chrissy? We sold ours at the beginning of this year as we were disgruntled with the site. We sold it in two days advertising it for sale on the front window of the van. I think if you can sell it at a reasonable price and include extras it sets it apart from others. The payment still had to be paid through the site so that they got their commission. I still miss my beloved van but not the site. We too have a dog and it was ideal in that respect. Good luck!