Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 10-08-2017, 11:50

Default No water on site

Looking for advice:

The electricity went off this morning and had damaged the water pump so there is no water at all in the caravan park.

I called to asked when it will be fixed and he said it has been off since 8am and not sure when it will be on. The manager offered me 2 bottles of water to tide us over.

Does anyone know At what stage if any will the site manager either close the park or make a decision as to what to do next?

We are now 5 hours with no water, and not looking like it will be fixed soon.

Old 10-08-2017, 12:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnsp View Post
Looking for advice:

The electricity went off this morning and had damaged the water pump so there is no water at all in the caravan park.

I called to asked when it will be fixed and he said it has been off since 8am and not sure when it will be on. The manager offered me 2 bottles of water to tide us over.

Does anyone know At what stage if any will the site manager either close the park or make a decision as to what to do next?

We are now 5 hours with no water, and not looking like it will be fixed soon.
I would think only your site manager would be able to answer this, but unless they are able to get an emergency supply of water, I can't imagine the site being able to stay open for long
Old 11-08-2017, 08:00

Obviously, you won't be able to shower but as an interim measure, the only answer would be a trip to the supermarket for the largest bottles of water you can find.

Hopefully, your site will be able to get things sorted fairly quickly. We had an incident on our park in spring when the electricity substation went down. Within a few hours, they had a massive generator on site which provided all the electricity needed till the substation was repaired.
Old 11-08-2017, 15:24
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post
I would think only your site manager would be able to answer this, but unless they are able to get an emergency supply of water, I can't imagine the site being able to stay open for long
Has it been fixed ?