Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 27-07-2017, 15:10

Default Outdoor furniture

Hi. Not sure what sort of outdoor furniture to get I.e wooden or plastic.
I've seen some in B&Q I like, a wooden table with 4 chairs ( all foldable) but what about storing them? Would it be best to keep them in the caravan during winter or just left under cover outside?
Also seen a strong plastic set, table, bench &?2 chairs ( not able to dismantle I don't think but durable. )
Any ideas are very welcome as I'm going nuts because I can't make my mind up lol.
Thank you xxx

Old 27-07-2017, 15:20

We just have cheap metal foldable chairs and a metal table with a glass top and parasol. When we are not at the van, I tie the table at the back of our van to a fence post so not to get blown over by any wind and the chairs are folded and put into our site box
Old 27-07-2017, 15:37

Just bought ourselves some Allibert Iowa chairs from the range along with 2 cubes to go on the deck , there made by Keter I think (make plastic sheds and the likes) rattan effect but are all plastic so nothing to rott. Have seen other rattan chairs with metal frames that end up rusting in a few months and stain decking / patios or just unravel and fall apart . Not the cheapest but happy with them , bit off putting when you get them as there flat pack (easy to get to the caravan in the car) but once assembled there fine. When we leave them I will just tie wrap them down to the decking ...
Old 27-07-2017, 16:25

Similar to Cylon, we have a metal table and six fold up chairs that we bought in B&Q. The table stays out with a cover over it during the season, and we put it in the caravan for the closed period. The folding chairs are kept in a plastic storage box, also from B&Q.
Old 27-07-2017, 16:38
Supporting Member

Happy with a rattan cube set from Rattan Direct.
They deliver free to the park.
Old 27-07-2017, 16:47

We have a bistro set with 4 stackable chairs , stack the chairs and wedge the table in a corner of the decking with them when we're not there to stop them getting blown about , in winter we take them off the decking and cover them , they are not an expensive set so we can probably get 6 sets of these for the price of a 'good' set , they are starting to rust now so we have had 3 seasons out of them so will replace them next year ..... In fact I will start looking once the sales on garden furniture start and store them at home till next year

Probably best to get the ones you like the best so long as they fit then work out a plan of how to store them , we kept away from anything with cushions so that we didn't have to store them

Last edited by slattster; 27-07-2017 at 16:49.
Old 27-07-2017, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABI1000 View Post
Just bought ourselves some Allibert Iowa chairs from the range along with 2 cubes to go on the deck , there made by Keter I think (make plastic sheds and the likes) rattan effect but are all plastic so nothing to rott. Have seen other rattan chairs with metal frames that end up rusting in a few months and stain decking / patios or just unravel and fall apart . Not the cheapest but happy with them , bit off putting when you get them as there flat pack (easy to get to the caravan in the car) but once assembled there fine. When we leave them I will just tie wrap them down to the decking ...
I have just bought a square keter garden tabk e at home. Fitted together easily and all plastic. I will definitely look at their chairs for when I buy new stuff at the van.
Old 27-07-2017, 18:23

Thank you all.
Been having a look at the keter ones online, they look lovely. I have a keter shed & that's been great for a number of years. There are some keter ones that recline back. I need something that's quite comfortable too, will keep looking. Seem to have some good deals on Amazon xxx
Old 28-07-2017, 09:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
Hi. Not sure what sort of outdoor furniture to get I.e wooden or plastic.
I've seen some in B&Q I like, a wooden table with 4 chairs ( all foldable) but what about storing them? Would it be best to keep them in the caravan during winter or just left under cover outside?
Also seen a strong plastic set, table, bench &?2 chairs ( not able to dismantle I don't think but durable. )
Any ideas are very welcome as I'm going nuts because I can't make my mind up lol.
Thank you xxx
We have a circular oak table and four chairs from John Lewis. Good quality and durable. It also folds down. My son has a laminate one which is also a good quality one. It really depends on what you like.
Old 28-07-2017, 09:47
Supporting Member

We have a set of Keter (Allibert) rattan effect plastic furniture and we are very happy with it. We have teak set home but this needs oiling every year to keep it looking good, and it's not very comfortable. The Keter furniture is very comfortable, it comes with large cushions, and only needs hosing down when dirty. This is the 4 summer we've had it and it still looks as good as every. We leave it out all year round, just remove the cushions and store them in the table.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/He...deshow/?sort=4