Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 30-07-2017, 19:21

Default Covers for seating

Hi. Have had a quote for reupholstering the fixed seating, which I think is quite expensive. Seems I can only use the one the site recommends.
Has anyone ever made any covers to go over existing seating?
Has anyone any photos if you have. I've got a sewing machine so willing to give it a go just don't know if it would look right.
Many thanks xx

Old 31-07-2017, 07:57

I'm really surprised at that as it doesn't affect any one else unlike decking and gas. I'd be inclined to mention monopoly rules. Unless you let through them ?

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 31-07-2017, 15:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
Hi. Have had a quote for reupholstering the fixed seating, which I think is quite expensive. Seems I can only use the one the site recommends.
Has anyone any photos if you have. I've got a sewing machine so willing to give it a go just don't know if it would look right.
Many thanks xx
You can only use an upholsterer recommended by the site! That seems ridiculous. The owners of your site must be real sharks to try and make something from re-upholstery. It won't be seen from the outside so I don't see what it has to do with them.

If you come to sell and the park owners don't like the finish they have the right not to purchase your van but to insist you use their recommended upholsterer, is taking matters too far in my opinion.
Old 31-07-2017, 16:10
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
You can only use an upholsterer recommended by the site! That seems ridiculous. The owners of your site must be real sharks to try and make something from re-upholstery. It won't be seen from the outside so I don't see what it has to do with them.

If you come to sell and the park owners don't like the finish they have the right not to purchase your van but to insist you use their recommended upholsterer, is taking matters too far in my opinion.
Couldn't agree more. It's your own property Pinky and your preferred taste in interior design and furnishing has nothing to do with the park.
Whatever you were to choose, nobody outside on the park can even see what you have done. Sometimes this over the top park owner rules thing is just way too unreasonable ( and greedy ).
Old 31-07-2017, 16:47

Quote:
Many thanks xx
Marstan did her own....her pics are in her signature...
Old 31-07-2017, 16:49

Thank you. I asked at the park if they knew of anyone & they gave me a phone number. The man got back to me & I said he could go & have a look. He phoned me back with a price & I told him I wasn't expecting it to be that much & it was him that told me that the park would only let him do it.
I have sent an email to the park today asking if this is true as maybe he was just trying to get my business.
Thank you so much for your advice, it might be just him pulling a fast one. I haven't received an email back yet from the park but they are usually pretty good at replying.
Will keep you posted xx
Old 31-07-2017, 18:20
Supporting Member

Quote:
Thank you. I asked at the park if they knew of anyone & they gave me a phone number. The man got back to me & I said he could go & have a look. He phoned me back with a price & I told him I wasn't expecting it to be that much & it was him that told me that the park would only let him do it.
I have sent an email to the park today asking if this is true as maybe he was just trying to get my business.
Thank you so much for your advice, it might be just him pulling a fast one. I haven't received an email back yet from the park but they are usually pretty good at replying.
Will keep you posted xx
As the others have said, what has it got to do with the site which upholsterer you use inside your own van. How would they know anyway, it's your property. It has no H & S implications that messing with the gas, or fitting your own deck would have, so they have no right to get involved. You may devalue your van by changing the upholstery, but that again is your choice and nothing to do with the site.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/He...deshow/?sort=4
Old 01-08-2017, 07:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bells64 View Post
As the others have said, what has it got to do with the site which upholsterer you use inside your own van. How would they know anyway, it's your property. It has no H & S implications that messing with the gas, or fitting your own deck would have, so they have no right to get involved. You may devalue your van by changing the upholstery, but that again is your choice and nothing to do with the site.
Absolutely correct. Just one more comment. When I went to our park on a second visit before we bought, the security man invited me into his van and he had wallpapered the lounge. Apparently, the site foreman had explained to him that he could do what he wanted but the park wouldn't purchase the van from him if he sold, as it would devalue the van.

I'm not sure it would but at least he knew the parks thoughts on wallpapering the walls and it was his choice.

As far as reupholstering is concerned, I would just get on with it.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:50

Compromise....use throws..
Old 01-08-2017, 13:45

I've had an email back from the park & he isn't saying I can't get someone else to do it but he doesn't know of anyone else.
It was the upholsterer that said the park will only use him. I probably got my wires crossed knowing me ......sorry .
So I may just leave it for the time being as I've got another bill now for carpets as I'm moving house.
Will probably get some throws treetopper. Thank you all.