Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 18-05-2012, 22:29
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbet View Post
You certainly did Zumba!! Think I've accepted too, but not sure - darned computers! If I haven't, tell your missus to lay off with the rolling pin until I get it sorted!

PS: Can anyone put me straight with the correct procedure for accepting friends requests - I tick the boxes and hit save changes, but nothing seems to happen. Shouldn't have to deal with all this stress at my age! Is it time to go home yet?
i dont think mine worked that way , but i clicked on peoples names and befriended them under their profile in end , i dont know just muddling along really

Old 18-05-2012, 22:41
Retired Member

Quote:
You certainly did Zumba!! Think I've accepted too, but not sure - darned computers! If I haven't, tell your missus to lay off with the rolling pin until I get it sorted!

PS: Can anyone put me straight with the correct procedure for accepting friends requests - I tick the boxes and hit save changes, but nothing seems to happen. Shouldn't have to deal with all this stress at my age! Is it time to go home yet?
In the top right hand corner of the website under your name, there is a heading Your Notifications - just click on that and scroll down to 'friend requests' and you should be able to accept them. It also tells you if you have any private messages, visitor messages, etc. It doesn't show under your name if you haven't received any notifications. Hope that makes sense.
Old 18-05-2012, 22:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetChops View Post
In the top right hand corner of the website under your name, there is a heading Your Notifications - just click on that and scroll down to 'friend requests' and you should be able to accept them. It also tells you if you have any private messages, visitor messages, etc. It doesn't show under your name if you haven't received any notifications. Hope that makes sense.
It does MUpps, and tyvm. Sorry about the abbreviations, i play on-line games when i can, lol.
Old 18-05-2012, 22:52

Quote:

Nope Babb, not home-time yet love. But i did order your taxi home, here's your fare.
Old 18-05-2012, 22:53
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZumbaGrandadd View Post
It does MUpps, and tyvm. Sorry about the abbreviations, i play on-line games when i can, lol.
Your welcome - no worries about the abbreviations - if I don't understand any, I will ask.
Old 19-05-2012, 08:01

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

I don't understand the friends bit and I'm frightened of things I don't understand. I looked in the 1999 internet user guide that I bought from up the boot sale for 35p and it said...Quote..." Be very wary of who you befriend online as all may be not what is seems. They might be nasty people trying to get you to show them your credit card details or summat" Tbh that has turned me right off being friends with anyone. I was on the frozen food retailer Iceland website once. I was only looking at the samosas and clicked the wrong button. Up came a photo of Kerry Katona asking me for my CREDIT CARD DETAILS! The crafty cow was trying her luck! Mmmm... fleeced Brian Mcfadden and now after old Das eh? I thought. No chance. I went to Comprehensive school. I am worldly wise.
Old 19-05-2012, 08:06

Ok well thats my decision made so long as I recognise the name I'll be their friend but I won't ask any one to be mine ( unlikely to reach 37 that way but wont upset people by refusing) if there is an advantage let me know! and I'll change my tactics lol

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 19-05-2012, 08:12

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
Ok well thats my decision made so long as I recognise the name I'll be their friend but I won't ask any one to be mine ( unlikely to reach 37 that way but wont upset people by refusing) if there is an advantage let me know! and I'll change my tactics lol
Good choice maddy. Do you use Visa?
Old 19-05-2012, 08:13

No issue with having friends-the 'friend' only shows up as that you have befriended them-they cannot access anything personal of yours and they get the same access to your main page as everybody else. If you like em and they seem okay then do it-if they turn out to be a numptey then just break friendship or report to a mod...simples.

Now for this information I will require all your credit card details please.

Si

Check out the social group clubs on my page:http://www.gostatic.co.uk/member.php?u=17474
BERT the Gostatic mascot-RIP 2012. Fare well faithful defender of our static
Old 19-05-2012, 08:34

Just worked it out, so tesm to everyone who has contributed to my on-line education.
You are all very welcome to my credit card details, but I'm afraid you'll have to pay the bill before you can get anything out of it!